Valued Contributor

I was informed at the post office today that only one address could be used when returning a package. Apparently, this went into effect in January/??

The QVC return labels have 2 addresses on them, one on top and oe in smaller print on the bottom. I was told that one had to be completely covered. The packages would not be accepted otherwise.

Has any one else experienced this????

Frequent Contributor

Based on my experience, the bottom label that has just an address is to be used if you decide to send it back on our own. The larger label is the only one needed if you decide to go with the prepaid and have it charged back to your account. Since I usually return with the pre-paid label, all I do is cut off the smaller second label so the PO doesn't get confused.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

You aren't supposed to use the bottom label.  The small print one at the bottom is there if you want to return it and pay for the return yourself.  I cut it off but you can black it out with a marker.

Trusted Contributor

It would only make sense that a package can only have 1 address on it - otherwise how would the USPS know where to deliver.  I have always used a Sharpie to cross off the the address of the label shipped to me if it isn't covered as well by the return label.