Respected Contributor

...it's so hard to figure out what to wear. Here in the PNW spring is supposedly approaching but it's still cool, rainy (of course) and damp; if we get to 60 degrees everybody jumps up and down, saying "heat wave!". Then it drops to 40 and we're back in our winter clothes. It goes back and forth like that till nearly July.

That's not an exaggeration; ask anyone who lives here. There's years when we've had to get out the sun screen etc. for 4th of July, but all too often we're still in sweaters, boots, etc. (No one here uses umbrellas, for some reason). I'll be glad when the weather settles down and I don't have to guess what to wear when I get dressed in the morning.

Honored Contributor

When I left this morning and yesterday it was in the low '40's here in East Texas both days will be in the upper '60's to '70's when I leave the office.  Pollen everywhere.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

To me humidity and dampness make cool weather cold. With this climate change mess I sometimes wonder if it is possible for the weather to moderate. Our problem is with unrelenting wind. It rarely ever stops. Extremes seem to be the norm.

One thing I have to do in the New Mexico mountains is layer. That means a blazer or jacket over a blouse that can stand alone if need be. Then a coat over those two. At least that provides me with some flexibility throughout the day. Good luck with your wardrobe decisions.

Esteemed Contributor

On the east coast , it is currently cold and really windy . I was wearing spring out fits  a bout a week ago , now I pulled out my fleece  , hats scarf, gloves and  rain coat

Respected Contributor

Same here in southeastern PA.  The high temps in the afternoon are upper 40's. And the wind makes it feel a lot colder.  Nights around freezing, 32.  I stopped wearing thicker sweaters, velour, corduroy, and turtle necks.  It is about one month too soon here for true spring dressing.  I've been layering t-shirts and French terry mostly.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

...it's so hard to figure out what to wear. Here in the PNW spring is supposedly approaching but it's still cool, rainy (of course) and damp; if we get to 60 degrees everybody jumps up and down, saying "heat wave!". Then it drops to 40 and we're back in our winter clothes. It goes back and forth like that till nearly July.

That's not an exaggeration; ask anyone who lives here. There's years when we've had to get out the sun screen etc. for 4th of July, but all too often we're still in sweaters, boots, etc. (No one here uses umbrellas, for some reason). I'll be glad when the weather settles down and I don't have to guess what to wear when I get dressed in the morning.

@GoneButNotForgotten    Newsflash! It's pretty much like that everywhere except maybe Florida.  Yesterday morning it was 25° here and by 6pm it was in the 60s.  One day is warmish then the next cold and windy, almost always windy.

I migrate to lighter colors but with long sleeves many days.  I'm sick of darks. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Being in the northeast is very much like the pacific northwest.  I find spring and fall can be the most difficult times of year with temperture variations.  For example,  it snowed here yesterday, cold and windy today and it will be sunny and 50 degrees tomorrow.  That's balmy for us, LOL.

Layer, layer, layer.........

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

It's the same type of weather here. I do the same thing I did decades ago when I used to run my miles outdoors in cold weather. Running, you expect your body to warm up  but, I didn't go out in a tank top.

Dressed for the colder part, and peel of as the body heats up. When not running, just taking care of business. Dressed the same way. Hey, it's cold out, ain't going to dress like it's spring.

Same theory. Dress for the cooler part, and then "peel". Unless of course one prefers to shiver, while hoping it warms up.

Don't see why it would be "hard to figure out what to wear", regardless of gender.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

...it's so hard to figure out what to wear.

@GoneButNotForgotten I live in Oklahoma.  Like Will Rogers said in 1943, "If you don't like the weather just stick around."  It dropped almost 65 degrees in one day recently.  

I never have only one season clothes in my closet. Never have, never "Will." Woman FrustratedWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten    the coldest Winter i ever spent was the August i stayed in the  Seattle Area and Victoria BC.

Despicable Me Minions GIF - Despicable Me Minions Cold - Discover & Share  GIFs