Respected Contributor

If you return a package using QVC's return label the return is processed by a 3rd party courier.The item is not shipped via USPS, it is picked up by a company QVC uses. At my post office I was told this company does not pick up packages daily, maybe once a week. This is why it usually takes longer for your return to be received by QVC when using their label.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

This has been discussed before and it's much cheaper to ship returns this way because it come with tracking and the first $50 of insurance. You are absolutely correct @Pearlee.

@JaneMarple  I realize that this has been discussed many times before (not using the shipping label being cheaper).  But that part of my post was really an aside.  My main point was mailing something at the P.O. on Sat. morning and, as I see by tracking, it was delivered to QVC today. My main point was the P.O.'s super fast service.  

To the OP, I know thost QVC return labels do indeed take longer to process, since as was posted above, a third party is involved in picking the items up and they aren't picked up daily.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree  The same thing happened to me with that "Ready for customer pickup" message.  Same response when I called the PO too.  The guy said that basically, it didn't make it out for delivery the previous day (sometimes they put it on the wrong truck or there's a sub carrier).  He also said it would come that same day, and it did.  I think they only have a few choices in the database for explanations, and there isn't one for "Oh well, we just didn't get around to it yet."  Apparently, it happens a lot.  

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@elated wrote:

I took a return to the post office on 10/28 and it is still sitting. I can not believe what is taking so long to pick up a package. This is very discouraging. I contacted CS and they told me if it has not been returned within 12 days to notify them. What is going on with the Q!!!

I mailed jewelry items back to the South Carolina address on Saturday morning at our P.O. and it arrived there today (priority mail. It got there in one business day).  There were four pieces in the box and the total cost to me to mail them back was a few cents more than $2 per item.  A bargain and superquick shipping. I live in the midwest and nowhere near South Carolina.  Kudos for that quick service from the P.O.

@Pearlee wrote:

@elated wrote:

I took a return to the post office on 10/28 and it is still sitting. I can not believe what is taking so long to pick up a package. This is very discouraging. I contacted CS and they told me if it has not been returned within 12 days to notify them. What is going on with the Q!!!

I mailed jewelry items back to the South Carolina address on Saturday morning at our P.O. and it arrived there today (priority mail. It got there in one business day).  There were four pieces in the box and the total cost to me to mail them back was a few cents more than $2 per item.  A bargain and superquick shipping. I live in the midwest and nowhere near South Carolina.  Kudos for that quick service from the P.O.

This has been discussed before and it's much cheaper to ship returns this way because it come with tracking and the first $50 of insurance. You are absolutely correct @Pearlee.

Maybe it's cheaper with jewelry but that isn't the case for other items.

I returned a pair of pants to Evine.  The return label fee was $6.95 and I was sure I could return that item cheaper than that.  I packed it up, made my own label and headed to the post office. 

The package, which was one of those plastic envelopes, weighed 1 pound, 13 oz.   Much to my surprise, the absolute cheapest way for me to return those pants cost me $7.75.  I was not a happy camper.