Esteemed Contributor

I took a return to the post office on 10/28 and it is still sitting. I can not believe what is taking so long to pick up a package. This is very discouraging. I contacted CS and they told me if it has not been returned within 12 days to notify them. What is going on with the Q!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

I took a return to the post office on 10/28 and it is still sitting. I can not believe what is taking so long to pick up a package. This is very discouraging. I contacted CS and they told me if it has not been returned within 12 days to notify them. What is going on with the Q!!!

Who hasn't picked up the package?  QVC or USPS?

Did you use QVC's return label or your own?

Can you track the package?

Did you insure it?

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I mailed jewelry items back to the South Carolina address on Saturday morning at our P.O. and it arrived there today (priority mail. It got there in one business day).  There were four pieces in the box and the total cost to me to mail them back was a few cents more than $2 per item.  A bargain and superquick shipping. I live in the midwest and nowhere near South Carolina.  Kudos for that quick service from the P.O.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@elated wrote:

I mailed jewelry items back to the South Carolina address on Saturday morning at our P.O. and it arrived there today (priority mail. It got there in one business day).  There were four pieces in the box and the total cost to me to mail them back was a few cents more than $2 per item.  A bargain and superquick shipping. I live in the midwest and nowhere near South Carolina.  Kudos for that quick service from the P.O.

@Pearlee wrote:

@elated wrote:

This has been discussed before and it's much cheaper to ship returns this way because it come with tracking and the first $50 of insurance. You are absolutely correct @Pearlee.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Return Item

[ Edited ]

I used the QVC return label. It was a pair of shoes.

Honored Contributor

The USPS tracking is so inaccurate that there is no telling where your package is, but it's not necessarily still sitting.  I wouldn't be concerned about it yet.  They're really bad about not updating the tracking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If the package is still at the post office, how could that Qvc's fault?  Qvc doesn't go to the post office to get the returns...

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

I used the QVC return label. It was a pair of shoes.

Ten QVC should have a better handle on this because it's their label.  I LOVE the idea of using an Amazon label, as soon as it "hits" the USPS system, you're refunded the purchase price.

Contact customer service or customer care, they should be able to answer your question(s).

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

Re: Return Item

[ Edited ]

QVC's return labels use a parcel return service used by companies who do a large business in returns.  I am sure they use this service because it probably is convenient and less cost to them.

And "yes" items returned via that method seem to get lost in space for a while.   I don't know where and how many return packages must accumulate before they are processed out.   I am sure someone at your post office can tell you how it works.

When I have used it, the post office employee does give me a slip of paper with a specific number, but one really cannot track it like we normally do from stop to stop.  Only pretty much when it has left and then nothing until it is received.

There is a vast variety of mailing/shipping services available to vendors, thru the USPS, that John  Q. Public doesn't know exist.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The USPS tracking is so inaccurate that there is no telling where your package is, but it's not necessarily still sitting.  I wouldn't be concerned about it yet.  They're really bad about not updating the tracking.

Well, you are right about that.  Usps tracking is awful.  I had an incident myself Saturday.  I had two Amazon orders that were sent via Usps.  I checked Amazon tracking and it said that both packages had been delivered on Saturday.  But I was home until 12:30pm and neither package was delivered so I went to Usps tracking and one package said delivered, the other one said "ready for customer pick up".  I didn't understand that one.  So, I called my post office and the guy apologized and said that both packages would be delivered today.  Now, the weird thing is that.....he didn't even check.  I told him what tracking said and he automatically said....I apologize for that, your packages will be delivered today.  I had to go out so I asked if he could have the carrier ring my neighbor's bell and place my packages in front of my door.  I was a little nervous about that but we had a family event that day and we could not stay home.  The packages were at my door when I got home.