Honored Contributor

Re: Rerun Programming Meant to Engage Viewers

[ Edited ]

They said it was an experiment right from the start.  It's pretty much a no brainer that they weren't making money from the live overnights.  The night  watchers watch  but they don't buy anything.  So, they went with the encore programming to see if the customer who doesn't watch QVC during the day or shift workers who arrive home at night and click on the tv might be better customers.  It's not repeat programming for them.  People shouldn't get all worked up over this stuff because I think the tweeking and improvising and experimenting has just begun.  QVC can't continue the old model and grow it's business.  They have to think outside the box.  

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Engage, NO!

Enrage, YES!

i am glad that i am not that addicted to qvc that i would get to an ENRAGED level due to programming.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@sunshine45 what is Holiday Q? I haven't heard of this station.

@DJs mom 

it is an online only channel that has replaced BEAUTY IQ for the next few months.

here is the main page where the channel can be streamed.

https://www.qvc.com/content/holiday/gift-ideas.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Let’s be glad about the infomercials....it must mean this cost cutting measures will result in lower prices!

Respected Contributor

Thanks @sunshine45 I had no idea. I will check it out.

Respected Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

Let’s be glad about the infomercials....it must mean this cost cutting measures will result in lower prices!

@wakefield64 I highly doubt it.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe that anyone would seriously believe that QVC is going to lower prices under any circumstances.

Super Contributor

I for one am not feeling very engaged by ad nauseum TSV showings.

Super Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

Ha!  And free shipping?

Respected Contributor

I just wonder what's going to happen with the new hosts' schedule? How are they going to fit into the daytime/evening hour programming?