Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rerun Programming Meant to Engage Viewers

See?  They say for themselves that the programming is meant to be engaging: seductive, luring, enchanting, enticing, bewitching, fun, interesting, i.e. ENTERTAINMENT!  From the horse's mouth.

(Not saying it works.)

Esteemed Contributor

@KrissyE wrote:

It is back to 24 hour programming next week.

I see in the program guide the 2-7 am repeat blocks occurring through November 4th.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager  The Qurate CEO, in his regularly issued spin-fests, virtually always suggests that part of the mission is to entertain, so all those who want to self-righteously lambaste viewers for relying on QVC for entertainment would be in error... Personally, I haven't watched much in recent years but those who do should certainly be able to express their points of view without having to unduly justify their opinions... Despite what some seem to think, everything at QVC is not beautiful... If it was, folks like me might still be watching...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

You definitely get it @stevieb .

Not saying QVC is great entertainment, but they clearly want it to be (or at least enough to make a customer stop, watch and buy.)

It's the posters who continually wail "QVC IS NOT ENTERTAINMENT..IT'S ABOUT SHOPPING!".  

No.  It's about being entertained while shopping.  Those posters are living in the past.  

Management makes it very clear what they are attempting to do.

Honored Contributor

For me, the unfortunate reality is that it was probably more entertaining before they started trying so hard to make it entertaining... back when they offered more on-air product variety, less frenetic host and vendor behaviors and less repetition...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

For me, the unfortunate reality is that it was probably more entertaining before they started trying so hard to make it entertaining... back when they offered more on-air product variety, less frenetic host and vendor behaviors and less repetition...

The powers that be are so tone deaf, I find myself wondering how on earth they got their positions.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Aren't there posters who believe that management reads the forums?  (I'm not one of them.)

But if they did, you would think they would get the prevailing attitude by now.  I'd say about 92% of the posters addressing the topic at hand are disappointed and not in favor of making the change permanent.

Honored Contributor

i admit that the seven hours of the same show over and over again on the main QVC channel is strange. BUT, it does not bother me at all. i have QVC2, QVC3, HOLIDAY Q, HSN, and HSN2 to peruse if i wish to watch a shopping channel.

i find there is A LOT to watch on shopping channels that i have not seen.......A LOT.....

i suppose time will tell if this helps or hurts the bottom line.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Engage, NO!

Enrage, YES!

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 what is Holiday Q? I haven't heard of this station.