Respected Contributor

Re: Rerun Programming Meant to Engage Viewers

@IamMrsG wrote:

It is always about the bottom line.  

Agree!   QVC is a for-profit organization.  They must think they will make money on this scheme.  Less overhead maybe.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Whoever wrote that paragraph for QVC did a great job of saying a lot of meaningless nothing.  They must have been a political aide at one time.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Show me the $$$ when the 3rd quarter earnings come out in  early November.  I predict no significant change or improvement.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Show me the $$$ when the 3rd quarter earnings come out in  early November.  I predict no significant change or improvement.

@Johnnyeager   If anything, numbers will be down.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It makes no sense to me to have 7 hours of the SAME product (also on HSN) all night long. If they have to go with recorded shows, at least vary them, like on Q3, which by the way, seems like they have enough data by looking at that channel. I don't really care if it is live, as long as the prices and products are still the same as what they are showing. But the same thing for ad nauseum? No, thanks.

If it is cost cutting to show that they really don't need to have live people there, which it looks like they are testing, then, yes, they will cut hosts and crew members, but perhaps also the number of channels. And, for the many people who have written that they enjoy the hosts for company late at night, QVC does not care and the C doesn't stand for Companion.

But, that article was total nonsense. Engagement means interaction. So, unless you are talking to the host, you aren't engaging. You are watching. Or maybe purchasing and talking to a call center rep, but many people say they just watch, and not purchase, which is no reason for QVC to keep paying people.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Whoever wrote that paragraph for QVC did a great job of saying a lot of meaningless nothing.  They must have been a political aide at one time.

SOMEBODY had to graduate at the bottom of the Marketing class!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Typical and predictable Q 'spin'... and frankly, a crock of it...

Yet another example of them apparently thinking that other than them, the entire world is filled with imbeciles and idiots...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

"At QVC, we are constantly evolving our on-air and online programming experiences to meet the needs of our customers and provide them with engaging content." 

Corporate SPIN...aka BS.

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't pass the sniff test.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Regular Contributor

It is back to 24 hour programming next week.