Trusted Contributor

I'm looking for an alternative to cable, and I don't want dish network or direct tv.  Someone mentioned getting a Renegade tv box, but they didn't give me any details.  I've been doing some research on it, but I would like some personal thoughts and advice.

There aren't a lot of channels I watch regularly, but I do have some channels I definitely want to keep.  Does anyone use Renegade?  If so, what is your opinion of it?  Can I get my local tv channels?

I would appreciate any info you have to offer!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Since it's an internet streaming device, you would get local channels only if those stations offered streaming their programs. Renegade uses Android technology so downloading apps would be necessary.

Honored Contributor

Another thing you might consider is Direct TV Choice. There is no dish or satellite receiver.  There are 3 levels of service available; they stream it to you.  I'm considering this to accompany my Amazon Fire Stick for movies.  I watch the local news and weather on my tablet. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,

I think you meant to say "Directv Now", not "Choice". I have Choice and it's with the box and dish.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624,

I think you meant to say "Directv Now", not "Choice". I have Choice and it's with the box and dish.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  You're absolutely correct.  I didn't think that sounded right. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Buy  a tv antenna (such as Skyfind) if you are within 50 miles of a signal.  Amazon has several for under $15 and this, along with Prime and Hulu sling, do it for my son (he saves $80 mthy over satellite).