Honored Contributor

Isn't that where they have those huge snakes?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I could be wrong, but I thought that was the Everglades where they were having a problem with pythons.  Reason number two why I can't live in FL. 

Trusted Contributor

The pythons are in the Florida Everglades. It started when people had them as pets and let them loose when they got too big.

They have no natural predators so they are a huge problem. There are guys who get paid to bring them in, but it is just scratching the surface.

So, those who think snakes and alligators are crawling all over the place have been watching too many movies.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest, those huge snakes have shown up virtually everywhere in South Florida-including here in Punta Gorda!

In upcoming days, I expect to hear about close encounters of the animal kind all over Florida: think of the numbers of animals displaced-particularly black bears....it's even easier now for alligators to get around with all the flooding.

The two groups of animals I hope this storm impacted are wild pigs and coyotes: their population is not so easily culled and the pigs are dangerous and destructive.

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Key West has lots of stray chickens that run loose on the street, they said people were out trying ot save them.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Key West has lots of stray chickens that run loose on the street, they said people were out trying ot save them.

They could get rid of the feral chickens fast if they imported a couple of those coyotes.  Chickens would be gone by sunset. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment