Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

My reason for retiring ended differently than I expected. I planned on retiring in February of 1992. After 33 years of working and 2 pay grades lower than when I started? I set that date because I would only be 1 pay grade lower.  

Then in September 1991 I was offered a package so they could get rid of me. Although still 2 pay grades lower than when I started, I was 52 and healthy and come November, I was out the door.

Hourly factory workers that are young and single, working night shifts? Not a good combination for socializing. So working on Saturday and Sunday nights, not something I wanted or needed to do.

Hence the "Black List in little Black Book" followed me from when I was 18 till I retired. The higher ups preferred those that "thought of the company's needs", they told me that many times. My response? "Company needs my a-**, tell them they would not be getting OT pay, and see how many show up". They worked for more $$$$  not because that gave a rat's behind about the precious "Company Needs".

Every time I think of my retirement, which is rare, getting hosed is my 1st thought.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: Reminded Why I Retired.

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 That's a lot of long, tedious work and the principle lawyer has to check the copy.  Hey, that must be why lawyers get the big bucks.  Hope your DD gets her cut.

Honored Contributor

I feel for your dd.  I was a senior manager for a huge international corporation and remember days like that. And it reminded me why I'm so happy to be retired.