Honored Contributor

Simply, Red.: Memorial Day 2011: Tributes to Our Fallen Soldiers

What Memorial Day Really Means

Heartbreaking Scene At Marine's Grave On Memorial Day | Others

Women and Memorial Day | National Women's History Alliance

memorial day 2015 (With images) | Memorial day pictures, Memorial ...

Memorial Day, Decoration Day | Military.com

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3....thank you for posting these beautiful pictures.  I always remember.  Thinking about my Daddy that served in both Korean and WWII as a Captain.  He had horrible nightmares after he returned home.  My uncle was a Chief Petty Officer in the navy and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.  My Dad served about 6 years and my uncle retired from the navy.  I miss my Daddy and thank him and all service members for their dedication.  They sacrifice so much for all of us.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3   Thank you for posting these.  I will remember.  My father was in the Korean War and talked about it often.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

My father and all my uncles on both sides of my family served in WW2. My father's younger brother, who is now 96, was wounded at the Battle of the Bulge and was honored with a medal. He never talked about his service as a medic. He is the lone survivor of my dad's and my mom's brothers. All came back from the war but these veterans are leaving us each and every day. I honor their service and their sacrifice.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I do remember and not only on Memorial Day.  I honor each and every one , men and women , who  fought to keep us free.  I honor those who are sacrificing today still fighting for freedom.  These are heroes and may God bless them for their sacrifices.

Esteemed Contributor

These pictures touch my heart, and are a stark reminder of the many brave men and women that have served valiantly, helping to secure our liberty. I salute those that have served and paid the ultimate price. May we never forget, as we honor our fallen patriots!❤❤

I am forever grateful, and pray for the men and women today, serving here and abroad, that love our country, and are working to keep us safe.🙏🙏 ❤❤

~~~All we need is LOVE, and to HONOR our TROOPS today💖😊💖  

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3  thank you 🇺🇸

Respected Contributor

Memorial Day is to honor those who have died serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. My father, who was in WWII and Korea, served but did not (thankfully) die.

While I think of him often, and even on Memorial Day, his day of honor is Veterans Day.

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

Memorial Day is to honor those who have died serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. My father, who was in WWII and Korea, served but did not (thankfully) die.

While I think of him often, and even on Memorial Day, his day of honor is Veterans Day.

@Sushismom   You are correct.

Memorial Day belongs strictly to those who died serving, not to those currently serving or who have served.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

All gave some; some gave all.

Heart

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!