Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Today and Always

@dulwich. I'm wondering what your experience was on this day 19 yrs ago? Were you in the USA or England? If the latter, what was the reaction there?
Respected Contributor

I live all the way across the country--Washington state--so it didn't affect us the way it did so many people who were there. I'm so sorry for your pain and the terrible shock it must have been to have experienced it first-hand.

Some our relatives live in Manhattan and a few aren't over it, not even to this day. Sad and tragic. 

Respected Contributor

My husband was on the treadmill watching the Today show and I was downstairs watching the same. After the first plane hit I said oh my god what a horrible accident. He piped up that it was not an accident. I was so naive at the time. I think many people were. It was just utter shock and horror for days on end. I don't know how anyone who watched it could forget. 

Honored Contributor

I remember a whole range of emotions.  I think the first thing I felt was shock.  At first I was questioning if it could possibly be a terrible accicent but when the second plane hit I knew it was no accident.  After that I can't really explain all the emotions I felt.  About everything you can feel and then some. I just wanted the people to get out and as far away as they could.  Sadly, for many they didn't.  I think I have come to grips with it but I don't think one ever truely forgets such a horrendous thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will never forget this day!  It is as clear in my mind as if it happened this morning!!  My son and I were eating breakfast getting ready to go to work.  We had the news on and both saw the first plane. 

We really thought we had seen some trailer to a movie!!  And then watched all the news coverage and the second plane crash into the building!  It was such a shock!! Seeing the people covered with ash...I immediately got teary.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 

I was working and also taking a college course.  I got to work early that day and had gone into a Conference Room to study for my class that evening ....A friend came and knocked on the door and said "You won't believe what happened, its horrific!!!".....she took me to the lounge area and pointed to the TV and I couldnt believe what I was seeing as they replayed the plane crashing into the tower....I felt a combination of SHOCK, SADNESS, FEAR and even ANGER....And I get the same feeling each year on the anniversary of this tragetic event...so many lives lost.....😥

download.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt I'm thinking your class was called off that evening.😔
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@SpurtI'm thinking your class was called off that evening.😔

@Pearlee 

Yep, it sure was................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Thanks to those who shared their experiences of 19 yrs ago today. I've told my story of the day many times over the years so don't feel like reliving it again publicly but do appreciate those who shared.