Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@PinkSunset wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@PinkSunset the media had nothing to do with the release of the video, the state of Texas did! And it wasn't an overnight decision. The state wanted it released years ago but the attorneys for Randy Travis went through the court system to stop it and finally lost a few days ago. 

um, the media picked it up and ran with the story. I got several FB feeds this morning from various news outlets. I don't read Texas newspapers so the only way for me to find this out was through social media sites picking up the story and running it. 

Um the state of Texas RELEASED the information! Since Mr Travis is an international star, the story REACHED the entire world and not just the Texas newspapers! Blame the court system for releasing the video to the media @PinkSunset!

@JaneMarple

Just a reminder.....nothing was ‘released’.

The word ‘released’ shouldn’t be used.  

No one, other than Travis, is to blame for this video being newsworthy. 

Arrest records are open records for anyone to view,

no matter what your last name is.

The world-wide media had this court decision on their DayPlanner.

Once the judge’s gavel hit, case was overruled & dismissed.

Anyone can view.  

Again, like I said upthread, Travis brought this on to himself...

in many different ways. 

Yes the arrest records are public.  He was arrested, charged, plead guilty and received his punishment.  The video is only news worthy because the public likes watching celebrities being embarrassed.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

It wasn't an isolated incident. He had a prior arrest related to alcohol. You think an old man just mistakenly gets drunk, crashes his car, gets naked, and threatens police as if he's just having a bad day?

Meh, I don't feel sorry for him. He's trying to use his celebrity to get special treatment and claim this doesn't represent who he is. I guarantee you he's an angry drunk at home with his friends and family.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

It wasn't an isolated incident. He had a prior arrest related to alcohol. You think an old man just mistakenly gets drunk, crashes his car, gets naked, and threatens police as if he's just having a bad day?

Meh, I don't feel sorry for him. He's trying to use his celebrity to get special treatment and claim this doesn't represent who he is. I guarantee you he's an angry drunk at home with his friends and family.

Sorry, didn't realize you knew him personally and can comment on his home life.  Apparently I stand corrected.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Re: Remember Randy Travis?

[ Edited ]

This wasn't an isolate incident. They never are.

It's also common sense that someone who behaves like this in public, behaves like this in private.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

This wasn't an isolate incident. They never are.

It's also common sense that someone who behaves like this in public, behaves like this in private.

That may be based on your personal experience, yet not based in facts.

Honored Contributor

As you can see, I’ve been posting a lot in this thread.

Do I know Randy Travis? 

No.

But I DO know him via ‘Six Degrees of Separation.’

He lives in the DFW area.

I mentioned Randy Travis to my trainer yesterday.  

He said, “Remember Byron? He trained the ex-husband

of the gal he had an affair with.”  Whaaa? 

Travis’s current wife, Mary Davis-Travis, was married to

Dr. Ritchie Beougher, a dentist here in West Plano.

Travis & his then-wife, Lib Hatcher-Travis, both were clients

of Dr. Beougher...and Mary, his wife, worked in his dental office.

That’s when Randy started having an affair with Mary.

Ended up ugly divorces for both....public record. 

Rumor was Lib speculated he was having an affair,

so she installed a camera in their tour bus...and she got evidence.

Travis has had an affair w/ a married woman w/ children,

helps break up 2 marriages, charged with DWI, nude,

threatening a police officer, cited for simple assault for another 

issue. His life reads like a country western song.  Only thing missing is

mention of a Ford truck, hound dog & catfish dinner.  

AFA08000-5796-4993-86BE-57C853944F53.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

This happened in 2012, so it was a while back.

So I'm not having some kind of psychic moment?

Trusted Contributor

What I have a problem with is that if this happened to any average person this would not be out for public consumption—to mock and speculate and gossip. No one else would get that. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

This incident wasn't isolated. THAT is a fact. But keep on defending him because you think it makes you look compassionate or something. He's lucky the worst thing that happened was that he was the only one hurt in his accident.

Esteemed Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

This incident wasn't isolated. THAT is a fact. But keep on defending him because you think it makes you look compassionate or something. He's lucky the worst thing that happened was that he was the only one hurt in his accident.

You keep saying this is not an isolated incident, please elaborate.  I am not defending his actions, simply pointing out that everyone is jumping to conclusions about a man with no information.  If you have some proof that this is a long established pattern of alcohol and abuse to substantiate your statements I would like to see them.