Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Candy Cigarettes?

Yes, loved them and couldn't wait until I can smoke for real. I was under 10 and would pick up a pack of Lucky Strikes and the paper for my dad. Fast forward, I learned about the harmful effects at school and nagged my dad to quit. He eventually did and cigarettes never touched my lips.

Honored Contributor

You can still buy these old fashioned candies on Amazon  and  in stores that specialize in penny candy.

i used to collect soda bottles from wherever someone threw them in my neighborhood and take them back to the store to collect the deposit money. $ .02 for a small bottle and $ .05 for a large one.

I ate candy and chewed gum everyday for years. I still have chocolate every day.  I was fortunate that I didn’t get cavities.  I still don’t get them.  I guess I am just lucky.  I certainly deserved to get them.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   You have good genes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

If I do, I don’t where I got them.  Everyone else in my family has a fortune spent on dental bills.  My dentist said my gums are super healthy. He said they are perfect and it’s rare to find guns as healthy as mine, especially so for my age.  They are better than a 20 year olds.

Too bad the rest of me aged...no one sees inside of my mouth. 

@SilleeMee has better teeth than I do.  She never had a cavity. We are about the same age.

Honored Contributor

Yes, buy them every year at Halloween for my grandkids.  We like the bubble gum ones that smoke.  We dont don't "smoke" them out of the house.  I get a case of the candy smokes, a case of the bubble gum, some wax lips, wax teeth, mustaches and those nik l nips. I think they are called.  Those wax "soda" bottles with a sugar  drink inside.  I am bad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get them on amazon.  The price goes up and down like ithe stock market...but around halloween I pay about 25 bucks for a case of 24.   Idk if they sell them by the pack, i buy the case.  We still have a few packs left of the candy smokes....bubble gum is gone.  It is tough bubble gum though, lol!

the candy ciggerettes seem smaller than they were when I was a kid ( i am 70), the bubble gum smokes are actual cigarette size and have grape, cherry and an orange bubble gum. The candy ones dont have the red tip like in the "olden" days.  But i heard they still have them somewhere.

Respected Contributor

I do remember those and always got the Pall Mall ones because that is what my Dad smoked. Also loved the bubble gum cigars that came in pink, green and yellow. Also the red peanut patties. I loved those!!

Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

@Kachina624wrote:

If I do, I don’t where I got them.  Everyone else in my family has a fortune spent on dental bills.  My dentist said my gums are super healthy. He said they are perfect and it’s rare to find guns as healthy as mine, especially so for my age.  They are better than a 20 year olds.

Too bad the rest of me aged...no one sees inside of my mouth. 

@SilleeMee has better teeth than I do.  She never had a cavity. We are about the same age.

@Carmie@.  Its not fair.  I've faithfully gone to the dentist every 6 months my whole life, have had fluoride treatments since they were invented, have spent a fortune on teeth and they're still awful.  My sister is the same.  It's got to be genes or minerals in your water.  @SilleeMee was raised on Rocky Mountain spring water which is undoubtedly her secret.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Yep....I remember those.....I liked the bubble gum cigar the best..

Esteemed Contributor

Yes...i remember loving those little cigarettes~~......funny story......my parents used to buy them for us but also those bubble gum cigars...........one Easter my parents put a bubble gum cigar in each of our baskets.....the holiday was great.....we went to bed..............unknown to my parents...my brother at bedtime decided to eat his bubble gum cigar................we all woke the next morning...then he woke up and he had fallen asleep with the cigar in his mouth and when he got up the gum was stuck to his eyebrow....and surprising stuck fairly solidly......my parents had to get it off of him as he was young.....and it took  his  eyebrow with it!!! hahaha luckily it grew back fairly quickly.......not the greatest look for a few weeks!! ha.