Honored Contributor

@patbzTY -  I do try to remember to proofread before I hit post.  Wonder if artificial intelligence could ever alert us to my kind of lapses?

Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago I read a book about 1918, and still recall how the differences between the city's responses played out.  A lesson there.

Esteemed Contributor

History does repeat itself and we should take the lessons seriously.  It is important that there is a unified approach across the country and the message should not be that it is okay to be out today doing whatever you want, but tomorrow you need to follow these directions or people will die.  I do not want to hear that today it is okay to be out in a crowd as long as I wear a mask, but tomorrow we are closing all businesses.  To me, that is hypocritical.  Consistency in everything is usually what works.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

My Mom remembered seeing her baby brother in his crib dead from the Spanish Flu.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

"Exceptional times require exceptional leadership" ... we didn't have it then ... we don't have it now.

@SoX 

REALLY

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reliving History

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@SoX wrote:

"Exceptional times require exceptional leadership" ... we didn't have it then ... we don't have it now.

@SoX 

REALLY

hckynut 🇺🇸

Yes, John ... I stand by what I said 

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

History does repeat itself and we should take the lessons seriously.  It is important that there is a unified approach across the country and the message should not be that it is okay to be out today doing whatever you want, but tomorrow you need to follow these directions or people will die.  I do not want to hear that today it is okay to be out in a crowd as long as I wear a mask, but tomorrow we are closing all businesses.  To me, that is hypocritical.  Consistency in everything is usually what works.  

@SXMGirl, it's too late for that. We have to go it alone and hope that there are some strong incentives for people to adhere to all the good advice.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Greatest country in the world....proud to be an American. I'm with you @hckynut .

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Greatest country in the world....proud to be an American. I'm with you @hckynut .

@Hoovermom 

just because you are proud to be an american doesnt have to mean you are  also proud of the decisions being made.....or NOT being made..... or being proud of the people at the helm.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Reliving History

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@SoX 

REALLY

hckynut 🇺🇸

@hckynut 

@Hoovermom 

I am a PATRIOT.

I have ALWAYS been proud to claim the USA as the place of my birth, and will continue to do so.

I think the human and capital lose we have experienced and the resulting pain, suffering, and long term damage could have been significantly reduced and mitigated if we had had, and implemented, a robust national plan with national leadership back in MARCH.

In no way does that make me LESS of a Patriot.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras