Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Relationships And Compromising

I read where Meghan is taking her dogs with her however the dogs have to be in quarantine before they can enter the UK. I also read where she is excited to work in charity work FT instead of acting. I think they make an adorable couple. I noticed that after the church service on Christmas, when the royals left the church, Harry went directly to the woman in the wheelchair. That says a lot to me about his character. I wish them all of the best, they seem to want to help people. I think Dianna would be very happy for Harry. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I think she is told before hand what is expected and makes her decision. 

I was reading today on MSN a lot of the rules Royals follow. A few I remember, when the queen finishes her dinner, everyone else has to stop eating too. When Prince George turns 12, he can no longer travel with Harry, 2 heirs can’t travel together. When women have to wear hats to all formals and if the event is indoors at 6p they change to Tiaras. Only married women wear them, shows them who’s available. Also, when talking to the Queen and she transfers her purse to her right arm, conversation is over. There was a lot more very interesting. 

@qvcfreak

Not all of them are necessary, as you can see.  So what if someone is still hungry when the queen has finished eating?  Do they then order a pizza to be sent to their rooms?  Or do they have to eat quickly in an attempt to "beat" her finishing her meal?  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

There is always compromise, and of course it's never always 50/50, but I want to know why Meghan had to give up her elderly dog.

That bothers me.

From what I've read earlier, MM rehomed her elderly dog because it was decided he likely wouldn't survive the overseas trip.

No one made her give up her dog.

Do you really think she would give up her dog, just because someone told her to? She's grown.

Queen Elizabeth is a huge dog person.

Regular Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

There is always compromise, and of course it's never always 50/50, but I want to know why Meghan had to give up her elderly dog.

That bothers me.

From what I've read earlier, MM rehomed her elderly dog because it was decided he likely wouldn't survive the overseas trip.

No one made her give up her dog.

Do you really think she would give up her dog, just because someone told her to? She's grown.

Queen Elizabeth is a huge dog person.

It really wouldn’t surprise me that Queenie might actually favor MM a bit because of their common love of dogs.  

Honored Contributor

I know when my Aunt and Uncle moved to London, they had to put their dog in quarantine for 6 months. My Uncle went to visit the dog every day. I do not know if that is still the rule but I know that is what they had to go through.

Honored Contributor

Compromise on both parts always needs to be in the equation, but the percentages have to be fluid based on the fact that each individual is different, as is each couple.

As for Markle, I suspect she knew precisely what she was giving up and what she was getting and decided the scales tipped heavily in the direction of her choice. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Animals, both dogs and cats, have health and emotional issues as they age, just as people do. They are quicker to organ failure.

From the Daily Mail:

“Unfortunately, she had to decide to leave Bogart behind in North America because he was thought to be too old to make the plane trip across the Atlantic.

“For some dogs, the plane trip and lengthy approval process to enter the United Kingdom can be pretty arduous. To secure permission to live in the U.K., a foreign dog must be microchipped and travel in an airplane’s cargo section, which can be dangerous for some pets, according to Dogfriendly.com.

“The owner also must bring documents showing that the animal has received vaccinations and been tested and treated for various infectious diseases, including rabies and tapeworm. Dogs that don’t meet these requirements are subject to a quarantine of up to six months.

“In an interview earlier this month, Markle revealed that one of her dogs — presumably Bogart — found a home with very close friends of hers, while Guy had been in the U.K. for a while.”

If the dog (or cat) is elderly they will often have kidney failure. They can’t regulate their body temperature - that’s why so many pets die in cargo holds.  There are several reasons to do with the animal’s age and general health, neither of which anyone here knows personally, that would give reason to believe that an elderly dog, no longer in great health, could die during a flight or their organs shut down out of pure stress, medication or no medication.

PSA over - you can go back to insinuating now.

I didn't see insinuation, what I saw was concern being expressed for an elderly companion animal that was no longer part of the larger plan, and you can take that any way you like...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I don't see her new life as a compromise.  Many things will be new and different but she gets the Prince, she will be in the spotlight as she has been just in a different venue, and the ability to make real change in the world the two of them.  💓

Honored Contributor

Megan is doing this for her future husband.

she has free will, she is making the decisions herself. Will it come back to bite her, maybe-maybe not. Who knows what will happen. She may tire of this eventually , she may feel stiffled and feel she needs to be more of person of her own. Who knows.

English life and American life is not the same. Will she get tired of it, again, free will,she is choosing.

Honored Contributor

Personally, if I had ever been in a very demanding relationship like this I would have walked away.  I would have felt like I couldn't breathe.