Honored Contributor

Reject All Anonymous Calls With Comcast

I was getting literally ten calls a day from "Anonymous."  They did have a phone number, so I was able to block them individually from my phone.  New ones came each day though from different numbers.  I was looking at Comcast's website the other day and saw that under their call blocking feature that you can check a box to block all anonymous calls.  I did that, and they have stopped.  

That was such an annoyance.  I thought some of you might be able to use this information.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reject All Anonymous Calls With Comcast

Most smartphones have a "do not disturb" feature. You can select to only allow calls and/or texts from phone numbers in your Contacts.

Anything else doesn't even ring.

Valued Contributor

@NickNack  - Can you tell us where specifically on the Comcast website you found this feature?  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you!🙏

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

@NickNack  - Can you tell us where specifically on the Comcast website you found this feature?  Thanks.

@Stevie Nix   This is from xfinity(Comcast's) website:

Use the Anonymous Call Rejection Feature with Xfinity VoiceLet only the people you know get through.

Anonymous Call Rejection automatically rejects calls from numbers with Caller ID blocked. Callers who block the display of their name and number will hear an automated recording that you're not accepting blocked calls. The message instructs them to un-block their Caller ID and dial you again.

Note: Anonymous Call Rejection is not included with the Xfinity Voice Unlimited Saver plan.

Here's How to Use Anonymous Call Rejection From Your Home PhoneTo Activate Anonymous Call Rejection
  1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  2. Press *77 and listen for a confirmation tone that the feature has been activated.

To Deactivate Anonymous Call Rejection
  1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  2. Press *87 and listen for a confirmation tone that the feature has been canceled.
Here's How to Use Anonymous Call Rejection Online
  1. Access Xfinity Connect and click the Menu button.
    Menu button.

2. Select the Voice icon from the drop-down list.
  3. Enter your primary Xfinity username and password.
  4. Click the settings wheel in the upper-right corner and select Settings to see your Voice Preferences.
  5. Select Call Blocking.
  6. In the Anonymous Calls Rejection section, click the box for Block all anonymous calls.
    Block Calls screen.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Most smartphones have a "do not disturb" feature. You can select to only allow calls and/or texts from phone numbers in your Contacts.

Anything else doesn't even ring.

@x Hedge   I have an iPhone, too, but Comcast is my landline.  I haven't given up my landline phone yet.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

We have Cablevision and we can block Anonymous calls too.  I wish they would come up with a block for Unavailable or the ones that start with V followed by a string of numbers.

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't mean to jump on your thread, @NickNack . I just knew your thread title would draw readers with intrusive, unwanted calls on their cells, too.  

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I was getting literally ten calls a day from "Anonymous."  They did have a phone number, so I was able to block them individually from my phone.  New ones came each day though from different numbers.  I was looking at Comcast's website the other day and saw that under their call blocking feature that you can check a box to block all anonymous calls.  I did that, and they have stopped.  

That was such an annoyance.  I thought some of you might be able to use this information.

@NickNack 

I'm sorry that I was bothering you. I just wanted to say "Hi!" *lol*Woman TongueWoman LOL

Seriously, I'm sorry that Comcast was bothering you.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I DID it! Blocked them. Many thanks for sharing the info.

Any way to stop 800 numbers?