I ordered something on 12/7 - never shipped.  They put authorization thru my paypal.  Then 2 weeks later put thru a second authorization which puts a hold on my funds.  I have been waiting since the 18th for them to cancel the authorizations so it will release my funds.  I have been communication with QVC customer service via email and on the phone and everyone I talk to gives me a different song and dance about why it hasnt been done.  I have talked to paypal twice and have been told that no release of the authorizations have not been put thru as of yet - 3 weeks.  

QVC supervisor's on 2 different occasions have said they have escalted it, but yet still nothing.  What is going on?  I just want my money back - OH and a straight answer from QVC

Honored Contributor

I placed an order and then canceled it.  

The pending charge sat there for 10 days before QVC finally released it.  It used to take 2 or 3 days for a pending charge to come off...

Honored Contributor

@shoptheQ wrote:

Yes it does take too long. I always call CS to inform them return has been recd and have them credit my account. Eventually it shows up on-line that the item has been returned.  I just had to return a JAI bracelet that did not fit but did not use Q label. First class mail was $3.57 - I can track it thru PO website - was delivered in 3 days.

That $3.57 didn't include any insurance and there's no way I'd send anything expensive back without insurance.  If it doesn't get there, you're out of luck and things have disappeared before, especially jewelry.  Even the tracking would be no good, if you didn't opt for the insurance.  The Post Office would not cover it, nor would QVC.

I just today sent back a small item; total weight including padded envelope was 3.75 ounces and the post office first class rate was $3.75.  Insurance for the minimum $50 would have been an additional $2.10; total $5.85.  Priority, which would've included insurance, was $7.85.

The Q's own label was $6.95 and included insurance.  I used that and I've already had an email that my return is on its way.  So the system already recognizes it.  Yes, it cost me and extra $1.10, but I've found my returns get there pretty quickly and I prefer the peace of mind.  (I also don't do many returns, so in the bigger picture, $1.10 isn't a big deal.)

Valued Contributor

@Drythe I genuinely think they do this intentionally, because it is probably a huge pia for them to process returns with so many vendors. They are doing a great job of causing hesitation before purchasing, because I do not want to babysit a return

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Drythe I genuinely think they do this intentionally, because it is probably a huge pia for them to process returns with so many vendors. They are doing a great job of causing hesitation before purchasing, because I do not want to babysit a return

@wildlifewitch

Can't help but wonder how many people just give up on the refund.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@Drythe Yup. Mission accomplished QVC.