Respected Contributor

My Good Housekeeping magazine arrived in the mail today and there was a letter about Redbook magazine.

Bottom line: I'm going to receive a subscription to Good Housekeeping for the remainder of my issues from Redbook. As I already have a subscription to Good Housekeeping, they'll extend my existing subscription.

If I want a refund for my remaining issues, I have to contact them.

Respected Contributor

Got my notification yesterday and my Good Housekeeping will extend for an extra month as my Redbook was to expire in Feb. Another one bites the dust. I'll check the mag on line, but much prefer paper copy.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

My Good Housekeeping magazine arrived in the mail today and there was a letter about Redbook magazine.

Bottom line: I'm going to receive a subscription to Good Housekeeping for the remainder of my issues from Redbook. As I already have a subscription to Good Housekeeping, they'll extend my existing subscription.

@lmt

Yeah, I am sad about Redbook.  I read something about Redbook will continue to be an online presence or something like that--- whatever that means.  I got Marie Claire in the place of one of my discontinued magazines --- don't know if it was Redbook --- can't remember. I used to get Marie Claire but stopped because I just didn't care for it any more.  I don't like that they just pick something as a replacement and send it to you.  They should give you a choice.  But anything that's easier for them!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Speaking of Good Housekeeping, how about those skinny copies we’ve been receiving?!  It’s insulting, like we’re not supposed to notice. 

Respected Contributor

I got a woman’s day this week.  Thin I think it was 100 pages probably 60 pages of advertisements. Used to love woman’s day, Family Circle. So sad.....

Respected Contributor
@catter70 wrote:

Got my notification yesterday and my Good Housekeeping will extend for an extra month as my Redbook was to expire in Feb. Another one bites the dust. I'll check the mag on line, but much prefer paper copy.

@catter70  I won't even bother checking online. I much prefer a real magazine. Smiley Mad

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@lmt

Yeah, I am sad about Redbook.  I read something about Redbook will continue to be an online presence or something like that--- whatever that means.  I got Marie Claire in the place of one of my discontinued magazines --- don't know if it was Redbook --- can't remember. I used to get Marie Claire but stopped because I just didn't care for it any more.  I don't like that they just pick something as a replacement and send it to you.  They should give you a choice.  But anything that's easier for them!!!  

@AngelPuppy1  It means the magazine is available to read online. I've never gone online to read a magazine so I don't know how they stack up to the paper version.

I used to subscribe to Marie Claire. I stopped reading that years ago when they changed the format.

Respected Contributor

Re: Redbook Magazine Update

[ Edited ]

@Teddie @lynnie61  

I've noticed both Good Housekeeping and Woman's Day are getting smaller and smaller. I intend to let both subcriptions run out. I'll be left with just First for Women, which has always been my favorite. So far they haven't messed with it.

One of the worst offenders is Entertainment Weekly. Not only has the content decreased, but there are a TON of advertisements. And the worst part is that in the past year there were at least 6 times when they didn't even publish the magazine for the week. People complained about it on Facebook and wanted to know why. Of course they never answered them. Plus they used to have 'double' issues only a few times a year; now they do them at least once a month. 

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

I got a woman’s day this week.  Thin I think it was 100 pages probably 60 pages of advertisements. Used to love woman’s day, Family Circle. So sad.....

I stopped buying them.

The only magazine we subscribe to is Food Network - this month was a double issue (they do that twice a year) and it was a joke - I think it was thinner than the one month issue.

If the next double that comes around is that thin I won't renew it again.

Honored Contributor

The day is coming soon when you won't be able to buy a hardcopy newspaper or magazine. Young people today don't get their news from a newspaper, they get it on line. Sure there are people who love to get the Sunday paper and bagels, take it easy, those days will soon be gone.