Trusted Contributor

I just received the following e-mail on Oct. 29:

"Hello!

I'm a programmer who cracked your email account and device about half year ago. You entered a password on one of the insecure site you visited, and I catched it.

Your password from [e-mail] on moment of crack: [password]

Of course you can will change your password, or already made it.

But it doesn't matter, my rat software update it every time.

Please don't try to contact me or find me, it is impossible, since I sent you an email from your email account.

Through your e-mail, I uploaded malicious code to your Operation System. I saved all of your contacts with friends, colleagues, relatives and a complete history of visits to the Internet resources. Also I installed a rat software on your device and long tome spying for you.

You are not my only victim, I usually lock devices and ask for a ransom.

But I was struck by the sites of intimate content that you very often visit.

I am in shock of your reach fantasies! Wow! I've never seen anything like this! I did not even know that SUCH content could be so exciting!

So, when you had fun on intime sites (you know what I mean!) I made screenshot with using my program from your camera of yours device.

After that, I jointed them to the content of the currently viewed site.

Will be funny when I send these photos to your contacts! And if your relatives see it? BUT I'm sure you don't want it. I definitely would not want to ...

I will not do this if you pay me a little amount. I think $856 is a nice price for it!

I accept only Bitcoins.

My BTC wallet: 1HQ7wGdA5G9qUtM8jyDt5obDv1x3vEvjCy

If you have difficulty with this - Ask Google "how to make a payment on a bitcoin wallet". It's easy.

After receiving the above amount, all your data will be immediately removed automatically.

My virus will also will be destroy itself from your operating system.

My Trojan have auto alert, after this email is looked, I will be know it!

You have 2 days (48 hours) for make a payment.

If this does not happen - all your contacts will get crazy shots with your dirty life!

And so that you do not obstruct me, your device will be locked (also after 48 hours)

Do not take this frivolously! This is the last warning!

Various security services or antiviruses won't help you for sure (I have already collected all your data).

Here are the recommendations of a professional:

Antiviruses do not help against modern malicious code. Just do not enter your passwords on unsafe sites!

I hope you will be prudent.

Bye."

They did send this from what appears to be mirrored from my e-mail account. I did a google search on the verbiage, and it seems to be making the rounds to quite a few people. Scary thing, my computer did crash recently (not just locked) and had to get a new one. Hard drive completely failed. I was going through my old e-mails tonight and found that one. The timing would have been around 48 hours after the Oct. 29 date (!). Maybe a huge coincidence. Still the password they listed was one I used about 6-10 years ago.

Anyone else get this e-mail recently?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Re: Recent e-mail hacking scam

Scary !

Honored Contributor

Geeze, I don't open emails I don't recognize so I would never know.

Honored Contributor

I do not get scam emails because my email clients have the scam/junk mail option(s) enabled.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Yep, several times now to my work email. (Always goes to spam folder.)  Sent it off to IT and they weren’t too concerned. Said to just change email p/w.  

Honored Contributor

My "intime" sites I've visited aren't worth $856.  This spelling illiterate can send the sites I visit to anyone I know.  I wouldn't care.  Most have to do with shopping.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Replace your hard drive, open a new email account and get on with your life.  Don't give that scamming B*****d a dime.

Esteemed Contributor

That reads like it's written in another language, and then run thru a Google translator.

I'd presume this character sends the same message to people in multiple counties, just re-running it thru the translator so they can read it in their own language.

Esteemed Contributor

Never open email from someone you don't know.

Esteemed Contributor

Genius Scammer at Work!!!!!!!!!!!!