Honored Contributor

There is a recall ,because of a wire that could cause a fire.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Recall on bosch dishwashers

What year models?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Mine was dumped about 5 years ago.  Oddly enough, one of the service calls turned up a burned wire!  Well, too late now.

We bought it because it was supposed to be super quiet and, it was.

However, I had at least 4 service calls in the time I owned it.  I wouldn't buy another.

I'll have to remember to tell my husband about this as he was concerned about the burned wire when we found it.

Honored Contributor

Check on year models , on line ,there are a few other names also,i have a bosch ,it isn't on the list yet ,seems this is second recall ,my moms is on list ,she has had nothing but trouble with hers.

Honored Contributor

Bosch used to have one of the best reputations around....  *sigh*

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I have a friend that has one, they are having a real hard time trying to find someone that will take care of it because they really do live in the boonies.

Bosch gave the name of a few repair places that won't go out as far as they live and Bosch is giving them a hard time, wanting a copy of the sales receipt

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I have a friend that has one, they are having a real hard time trying to find someone that will take care of it because they really do live in the boonies.

Bosch gave the name of a few repair places that won't go out as far as they live and Bosch is giving them a hard time, wanting a copy of the sales receipt

Talked to my mom today,the first two people she called to repair hers ,gave the same excuse.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter

That was the same issue I had, but finally found a repair shop that would come. 

It was $150 just to show up.  That is not unreasonable, but it does add up over the years.

After we got rid of it, I bought a Kitchen Aid (I think), and reluctantly purchased the insurance for repairs.

It was the best decision I ever made.  It was a great washer, but I had to have a repairman out every year.  Once, they replaced the entire computer board which is an expensive repair.

It was a 5 year plan and the last visit left me with an almost new dishwasher.  For the $100+ I paid, I would do it again.

Sadly, most appliances like this are just junk no matter who makes them.

Trusted Contributor

I have never had on issue with mine (knock on wood). It’s about six years old. We recently replaced every other appliance, sink and faucet, etc. in our kitchen so if it goes I don’t suppose it’s that big of a deal. Do not want it catching fire though. 

Honored Contributor

Just a little background info first: We bought a dishwasher from Sears a few years ago (can't recall the brand; might have been a Bosch). We normally don't do extended warranties, but thank goodness we did. To make a long story shorter, we eventually had it replaced as a lemon under our warranty. It took months of haggling and screaming.

Sears funded us money to replace it. We chose a KitchenAid. Within a year we'd already had several service calls. A few months ago, it started to fall apart and then died totally. The service guy just about moved in, he was here so often replacing every darn part imaginable.

So a couple weeks ago, once again, Sears deemed it a lemon and funded yet another dishwasher. We went with Bosch again this time, fingers crossed. We liked the features and figured that all of them are problematic in our house. We've only had it a short time, but I do very much like the model we chose.

Moral of the story: Get the extended warranty. It's worked twice for us.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland