Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I've seen double rainbows many, many times.

They are not that rare.

@Anonymous032819 

Well, lucky you. I sure haven't.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@bluehost wrote:

Very nice & nice of your husband to think of you while he's away. Double rainbows are not rare.

@bluehost 

While you may think that double rainbows are not rare, like @threecees  and I do, I've never seen one in person, and have only seen a couple of pictures of one.

How lucky and special you must be to have seen them so often that they are not 'rare' to you

Yes, lucky and special indeed. There's ice cream named Double Rainbow. Go to Hawaii and there are rainbows everyday, sometimes double rainbows. New York, Jasper Nati'l park.

Not that rare.

Honored Contributor

Obviously your husband is not in Manhatten. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

The reason that this occurrence is so rare is that it requires more light, and it is the result of the beam refracting in the water after refraction.

Beautiful photo, thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@bluehost wrote:

Very nice & nice of your husband to think of you while he's away. Double rainbows are not rare.

@bluehost 

While you may think that double rainbows are not rare, like @threecees  and I do, I've never seen one in person, and have only seen a couple of pictures of one.

How lucky and special you must be to have seen them so often that they are not 'rare' to you

Yes, lucky and special indeed. There's ice cream named Double Rainbow. Go to Hawaii and there are rainbows everyday, sometimes double rainbows. New York, Jasper Nati'l park.

Not that rare.

Okay. You all made me laugh out loud. Thank you. Heart If we can bicker about rainbows, we can officially bicker about anything. That is talent.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@threecees 

That's a gorgeous view.  My best friend texted me a double rainbow 2 wks. ago also.  I don't think they're that frequent, so taking a photo like this is nice to look back at & enjoy.  Thank you for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I've seen double rainbows many, many times.

They are not that rare.

@Anonymous032819 

Well, lucky you. I sure haven't.

@KingstonsMom Thank you. Some people here like to rain on everybody's parade.

Honored Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@bluehost wrote:

@bluehost 

Not that rare.

@bluehost 

Double rainbow ice cream? I though we were talking about real double rainbows?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

rare/shmare, who cares? It's a lovely photo.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I've only seen a double rainbow a few times...and never one with both so bright.  Your husband got a great photo!