Respected Contributor

@threecees   thank you for sharing this beautiful picture with us.  How wonderful your husband is to send it to you knowing how much it would mean.  He's certainly a romantic and a keeper. I always am on the lookout for rainbows after rain.  When I see one it reminds me of my beloved pets who are waiting for me at the other end of the Rainbow Bridge.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I've seen double rainbows many, many times.

They are not that rare.

@Anonymous032819 

Well, lucky you. I sure haven't.

@KingstonsMom ...I have never seen a double rainbow either, so as far as you and I are concerned it is a rare occasion.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I've seen double rainbows many, many times.

They are not that rare.

@Anonymous032819 

Well, lucky you. I sure haven't.

@KingstonsMom Thank you. Some people here like to rain on everybody's parade.

@threecees - LOL.  That was exactly my thought.

Where we are, we're lucky to see double rainbows fairly often and sometimes even a triple.  Capturing a beautiful photo of them though, before they fade is another thing.  One of nature's blessings.

Respected Contributor

Apparently everyone else on this board sees double rainbows daily!

But for those of us who do not thank you for posting!  It is lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful. The colors on that bottom one are so bright. I don't know that I have ever seen a rainbow with colors that bold. That is one gorgeous picture!

Honored Contributor

@threecees 

😮 Just beautiful!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Shows both so clearly. Once a few years back, while driving down the street I live on, I came across a triple rainbow----the third was just barely visable but still could be seen. That was truly amazing!!!

Honored Contributor

I've never seen a double rainbow.  

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@bluehost wrote:

Very nice & nice of your husband to think of you while he's away. Double rainbows are not rare.

@bluehost I have never seen a double rainbow in person so even in a photo

it is rare to me.Smiley Happy

How sweet that your DH sent it to you...makes it double special. And don't let anyone rain on your parade....the one with the double rainbow over it. Thanks for the lovely pic.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing the beautiful photo; I've seen a double rainbow once, in my backyard.

An interesting thing about double rainbows is that colors are reversed on the second one.