Honored Contributor

Re: Raining - cancelled fireworks

@colliegirls

I agree.  Fireworks on TV just does not do it for me!

My Favorite Breed is Adopted

Respected Contributor

Fireworks prohibited here, but it still gets pretty noisy.  Some communities had fireworks events for the public on Fri, Sat & Sun nights, with a few being held tonight.  Next weekend, the Colorado Rockies will have fireworks following their home game on Fri night.  I expect my neighbors will be making some noise in about another hour or so.  I don't mind.

Valued Contributor

I would just love to have rain, even though the thread is about fireworks.

Respected Contributor

Ours were cancelled too.  I think they are rescheduled for next weekend.  I'm watching A Capitol Fourth on TV, that's always a good show.

Respected Contributor

One of my Facebook friends lives in Charlottesville, VA, and she told me fireworks were cancelled there due to rain.

Super Contributor

Watching ours right now at home on WETA the local PBS channel. It's called the Capitol Fourth because it's here in the Nation's Capitol, Washington, DC, my hometown!  I live in northern Virginia right outside of DC.  Yes it's raining but no way is this cancelled.  All of the military bands are performing, a huge crowd in attendance, and everyone looks like they're having a great time!  Happy Fourth to all of you!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Outside of Baltimore and it's raining... and fireworks are going off all over the place. Sounds like a battlefied from a movie.

Esteemed Contributor

I just spent 6 nights at the Disneyland resort. We saw fireworks every night 60th anniversary. Memories for a lifetime with the grandkids. Tonight I am staying in as it is much more relaxing.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

The rain has pretty much let up here.  We're watching Pittsburgh's firework display on WPXI.

My husband is an old stick in the mud when it comes to traveling to see fireworks, he'd rather sit in his recliner and watch them on TV.  He has convinced himself he is too old to do alot of things.  I wonder if I should start planning his funeral.

Respected Contributor

@Dell1  I hear you!!!  This is certainly NOT a "Rainy Night In Georgia"!Cat Frustrated

I'm not short...I'm fun size!