Honored Contributor

Raining - cancelled fireworks

[ Edited ]

Raining here tonight so many surrounding communities have cancelled the fireworks. 

Fortunately for us, the local community had our fireworks on Thursday. They had a brass band  who played for 2 hours before the fireworks then throughout the fireworks display. We throughly enjoyed ourselves.

Are you going to the fireworks tonight?

Honored Contributor

Re: Raining - cancelled fireworks

[ Edited ]

I live in the DC area.  Supposedly they don't cancel fireworks.  My neighbors shoot off so many I might as well be sitting (like I used to do) in Washington, DC next to them.

It scares my cat to death.  She's afraid of everything though, even me!

Yep it's on TV.  Smokey Robinson is singing!  It's wet but I don't think it's raining....

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in NYC and will be watching the Macy's fireworks on TV.

Esteemed Contributor

We watched the large fireworks display yesterday in our community.  I have no desire to drive downtown or anywhere else to see the ones tonight.

No film or photos of fireworks ever comes close to doing them justice.

Respected Contributor

I wish it were raining here - my neighbors would not be able to go crazy with their fireworks - scares me and my dogs - they are so loud! 

Honored Contributor

wish ours would rain out.

Honored Contributor

We are just starting to get the loud Bomb ones going off....the ones that are so loud they shake the walls.  I hate them. What does a bomb noise have to do with America and celebration? 

Honored Contributor

those things are expensive ! I wouldn't spend that much on a few seconds of ohhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhh

Respected Contributor

Fireworks in Anchorage, AK prohibited 🙆  ~  fire restrictions.

Honored Contributor

Fireworks are prohibited where I live but heard some going off last night in the distance.  It is only 6:15 pm here right now.  Firework shows won't go until 10 pm.  They set them off from barges on the lake.  I have a very nervous 75 pound dog!