Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Why are only the female hosts taken to task? 

Rachel is a lovely person, imo.

I don't think they "only" are, but there are what, four male hosts on QVC and Alberti on Beauty IQ? We don't see them nearly as often as the female hosts - quantitatively they don't get much air time in comparison.

Plus IMO, the majority of the male hosts fall into Snoozefest category, at least for me. They could all put me to sleep except Rick and David. Watching Rick is like watching Ren of Ren & Stimpy - except I like Ren & Stimpy.  The sloooow, quiiiiiiet, sofffffft-spoken hosts, male or female, don't get customer flack. They aren't my favorites at all. I like the hosts who present like an average person - not somnolent, not frantic.

@Moonchilde  Obviously we see female hosts more often.  I think we all can see that fact.

The point is that there are male hosts who, imo, are worse to watch and listen to no matter the presentation.

Some are still going on and on about Lisa Robertson ftlog.

LOL.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: Rachel Boesing

[ Edited ]

@pommom

I  agree.  I think she gives a very thourough presentation and she speaks clearly.  I have found the tone of her voice pleasant when I have watched her - which, I will admit is not often. It seems every time I try to watch QVC anymore there is a screeching, laughing, jumping around, speed talker on.  Most times I've tuned in, I feel like I am watching a "Three Stooges" routine, so I move on to someting else.     

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I remember the first night she was on.  She is down to earth, not phoney like some of the hosts that have been there for thirty years. She talks about the product.  Some hosts say the same things all the time and not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

Oh, my, I agree with every word!  Some of the newer female hosts talk so fast, my brain can’t register the words!

Trusted Contributor

I don't like her hair but perhaps she wouldn't like mine, not important but it just seems odd to me that someone who takes great care to be impeccably dressed as she always is absolutely neat as a pin doesn't care about beautifying her hair.  I think I shall take my leave now so if any care to give me the proverbial scold or beat down that you think my comment merits, go for it. Smiley Tongue

Trusted Contributor

Do you prefer the long, stringy hair (attachments?) that some have.  Rachel's hair suits her nicely!

Trusted Contributor

She is awesome all the time,sweet,beautiful,knows the product she is selling andkind all the time.

Occasional Contributor
Sometimes I have just turn Rachel off, always mute the television if she’s hosting. The constant interrupting of the vendor and the bouncing all over the place is too much for me to handle. I just want to tell her to stand still and let the guest speak.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rachel Boesing

[ Edited ]

@Seahorse02 wrote:
Sometimes I have just turn Rachel off, always mute the television if she’s hosting. The constant interrupting of the vendor and the bouncing all over the place is too much for me to handle. I just want to tell her to stand still and let the guest speak.

@Seahorse02  Agree 100% and it's not sometimes for me, it's always.  Cannot watch her.