Occasional Visitor

I agree that Rachel Boesing is one of the best hosts.  Some of the hosts start out like her and then get very silly and talk too much.  Courtney is also easy to watch, but I must admit that I no longer watch any host that talks so fast I cannot understrand them.  I do not think they realize how loud their laughter and whistling is on their mikes.  Mary Beth, Jane Brown and Leah are also very professional and easy to listen to.  I admit I have changed the channel when some hosts (and guests) get loud and chatty.  It appears that yelling and laughing at everything must sell more products. 

Esteemed Contributor

Although I haven't seen her in a while, I usually enjoy Rachel's presentations.  😊

Honored Contributor

I wish she would do more of the shows I watch ... fashion only. 

Her voice is one of the few that doesn't bother me.   

Honored Contributor

I agree, Rachel is quite good, although, I don't find her particularly warm.

Esteemed Contributor

Depends on who she is on with.  She always wants to be the center of attention.  Her voice grates on me, especially when she starts cackling and flailing her arms around.  I do not watch her.

Honored Contributor

Why are only the female hosts taken to task? 

Rachel is a lovely person, imo.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
New Contributor

I agree 100% - she is one of my favorites, does a great job!!

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I don't think they "only" are, but there are what, four male hosts on QVC and Alberti on Beauty IQ? We don't see them nearly as often as the female hosts - quantitatively they don't get much air time in comparison.

Plus IMO, the majority of the male hosts fall into Snoozefest category, at least for me. They could all put me to sleep except Rick and David. Watching Rick is like watching Ren of Ren & Stimpy - except I like Ren & Stimpy.  The sloooow, quiiiiiiet, sofffffft-spoken hosts, male or female, don't get customer flack. They aren't my favorites at all. I like the hosts who present like an average person - not somnolent, not frantic.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I only see bits and pieces of QVC while channel surfing, last time I sat and watched for any length of time was St Patrick's Day. But what I have seen of Rachel is very pleasant.

Dan Hughes gets very excited about cleaning products, almost to the point of cackling and shrieking but not quite. Last weekend, I think it was a vacuum...the vendor even commented on how excited he was. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I don't think they "only" are, but there are what, four male hosts on QVC and Alberti on Beauty IQ? We don't see them nearly as often as the female hosts - quantitatively they don't get much air time in comparison.

Plus IMO, the majority of the male hosts fall into Snoozefest category, at least for me. They could all put me to sleep except Rick and David. Watching Rick is like watching Ren of Ren & Stimpy - except I like Ren & Stimpy.  The sloooow, quiiiiiiet, sofffffft-spoken hosts, male or female, don't get customer flack. They aren't my favorites at all. I like the hosts who present like an average person - not somnolent, not frantic.

@Moonchilde  Obviously we see female hosts more often.  I think we all can see that fact.

The point is that there are male hosts who, imo, are worse to watch and listen to no matter the presentation.

Some are still going on and on about Lisa Robertson ftlog.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh