Honored Contributor

Re: ROYAL WATCHERS - RULES TO LIVE BY FOR THE MONARCHY

Image result for queen elizabeth WW2 ambulance

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Sanna: What's your point?

The point is - if you do not like their etiquette rules, refuse their dinner invitation next time.😉😜

Honored Contributor

i find some of those "rules" or "rites" to be somewhat archaic. a curious list for sure.

BUT, i am not british, i wont be dining with the queen, i am quite sure that not everyone in the UK thinks that those things are great or important in their everyday life.

bottom line is is that what rules others follow in the monarchy of a foreign country, i dont have to.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

wrote:

I'm 73% British, I really enjoy learning history and how they lived long ago.  I even love learning about the Vikings in what is now the UK.  The monarchy is a part of all that for me.

That’s right, the Normans ( the Vikings settled in Normandy) ,specifically William the Conquerer had enough guts to go into the battle of Hastings, defeated  King Harry and marched to London to be coronated as King. He did not even speak English!!

For 300 years England was French speaking.

Trusted Contributor

@SANNA, According to Wikipedia, the British coronation:

corresponds to the coronations that formerly took place in other European monarchies, all of which have abandoned coronations in favour of inauguration or enthronement ceremonies.

So the whole annointing with sacred oil business is only carried out in Britain.  And on top of that there's the whole head of the church thing.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

@SANNA, According to Wikipedia, the British coronation:

corresponds to the coronations that formerly took place in other European monarchies, all of which have abandoned coronations in favour of inauguration or enthronement ceremonies.

So the whole annointing with sacred oil business is only carried out in Britain.  And on top of that there's the whole head of the church thing.

No. Do not trust everything in WiKi, it is mostly written by students making extra money.

I am originally from Russia and all Russian Tzars were anointed by holy oil during their coronation.  There even a term in Russian language “pomazannik bozhiy”  meaning “anointed by G-d” describing the emperor.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I'm not sure the bouquet information is correct. I see kiddies present her with a couple of posies ,with no greenery at all, quite often ,in film clips. Perhaps in  her official flowers that is true

The rule is for wedding bouquets only, not posies that children give to the Queen or other royal ladies.

That is correct, they don't expect the public to include the Myrtle flower in the bouquets they hand the royals.  All other bouquets the royals carry for special occasions should include the Myrtle.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@SANNA  Yes, European nations used to have the annointed by God thing  for the monarch.

They don't anymore.  Either because they did away with the monarchy or they thought it was a little old fashioned and difficult to take seriously anymore.

Britain has kept the ancient ritual.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

@SANNA  Yes, European nations used to have the annointed by God thing  for the monarch.

They don't anymore.  Either because they did away with the monarchy or they thought it was a little old fashioned and difficult to take seriously anymore.

Britain has kept the ancient ritual.

Good for them,  at least they kept the rituals. Maybe this keeps them intact, becasuse everything else over there is not so rosy.

Respected Contributor

And, sorry, little addition, Spain and Denmark are still anointing their monarchs.