QVC Customer Care

Re: ROYAL WATCHERS - RULES TO LIVE BY FOR THE MONARCHY

Honored Contributor

Sharke: It depends on which country you pledge allegiance to. It has nothing to do with rudness and everything to do w/ bowing your head to someone you think is your superior. 

Respected Contributor

wrote:

The Queen is the Head of the Church of England and she was annointed with sacred oil at her coronation - a part of the coronation ceremony that wasn't filmed because it was so sacred.

As an American, I don't understand this, but the British take it very seriously, and it must be respected.

Every monarch of any European dynasty is considered to be anointed by G-d .

Even though we are Americans and this country of the new traditions and everything, those of us who are of  the European descent  should understand this.  I loved to watch that coronation documentary with the Queens comments. Incredible procedure!

Honored Contributor

Sanna: What's your point?

Respected Contributor

Image result for funny no way gif

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

The Queen is the Head of the Church of England and she was annointed with sacred oil at her coronation - a part of the coronation ceremony that wasn't filmed because it was so sacred.

As an American, I don't understand this, but the British take it very seriously, and it must be respected.

Every monarch of any European dynasty is considered to be anointed by G-d .

Even though we are Americans and this country of the new traditions and everything, those of us who are of  the European descent  should understand this.  I loved to watch that coronation documentary with the Queens comments. Incredible procedure!

@SANNA  No.  The British coronation ceremony is more medeival than other European countries.

Being sacredly confirmed as the Head of the Church of England has no counterpart in any other European nation.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Ahhhhh....., but consider some of the perks.

Not worth it...... for the garlic alone.

Honored Contributor

I'm 73% British, I really enjoy learning history and how they lived long ago.  I even love learning about the Vikings in what is now the UK.  The monarchy is a part of all that for me.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I'm not sure the bouquet information is correct. I see kiddies present her with a couple of posies ,with no greenery at all, quite often ,in film clips. Perhaps in  her official flowers that is true

The rule is for wedding bouquets only, not posies that children give to the Queen or other royal ladies.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, I never knew this (or, more likely, I didn't realize how deep this being head of the national church went).

All ministers, etc., who are CofE  members take an oath of loyalty to the queen:

On the advice of the Prime Minister The Queen appoints Archbishops, Bishops and Deans of the Church of England, who then swear an oath of allegiance and pay homage to HerMajesty. Church of England deacons and parish priests also swear an oath of allegiance to the Sovereign.

You have to grow up with this stuff to deal with it.

(I'd also like to know - the big guys like the bishops have to swear an oath of allegiance AND pay homage to Her Majesty, but the small fry deacons and parish priests just have to swear an oath of allegiance.  So what exactly is paying homage?  Maybe that happens at dinner, ha.)