Esteemed Contributor

Re: RIP: Kylie Rae Harris, TX Country Singer

@sidsmom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

There’s a lot more to this story. 

Yeah, she had been driving for 12 hours.

I hope she wasn’t the one drinking but we don’t know yet. 

@sidsmom. Oh please with the 12 hours. She had a breathalyzer in her car ordered by the court for previous DUI.

If she was the cause, that’s not good, right?

I was just reporting what everyone knew at the time.

@sidsmom  I think the point @proudlyfromNJ  is making is the woman had enough of a drinking and driving problem that there was a breathalyzer in her car.

Still sad that she died; sadder still is that she took an innocent young woman with her.  Glad at least the third driver wasn't injured.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

There’s a lot more to this story. 

Yeah, she had been driving for 12 hours.

I hope she wasn’t the one drinking but we don’t know yet. 

@sidsmom. Oh please with the 12 hours. She had a breathalyzer in her car ordered by the court for previous DUI.

If she was the cause, that’s not good, right?

I was just reporting what everyone knew at the time.

@sidsmom  I think the point @proudlyfromNJ  is making is the woman had enough of a drinking and driving problem that there was a breathalyzer in her car.

Still sad that she died; sadder still is that she took an innocent young woman with her.  Glad at least the third driver wasn't injured.

At the time I wrote the ‘she had been driving for 12 hours,

the accident was still under investigation AND the public was not

notified of her DUI history.  

Kinda odd I got a ‘oh please’, like I was making excuses...

but I was just reporting the facts at the time. Didn’t think that was

hard to understand, but 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda. Yes that is exactly what I meant. Thank you. And no matter what said poster never gives up! As you said, shame the young girl had to lose her life for no reason.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@esmerelda. Yes that is exactly what I meant. Thank you. And no matter what said poster never gives up! As you said, shame the young girl had to lose her life for no reason.

I totally agree.

Sounds like you’re shadowboxing here.

’...(that) poster never gives up!’...with what? I was just reporting a story.

psssst: I’m agreeing with you...it IS a shame she caused such tragedy.

Lort. 🤦‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Since it was revealed she had prior DUI.....some sympathy has shifted away from her.  I noticed with the reactions from the C & community.  She'll just be a footnote in the undustry.  

I felt badly abut the 16 year old then her.  To tell you the truth...

Contributor

It's being reported that one of the EMT workers that showed up to help was the father of the 16 year old girl that passed away.  So sad and heartbreaking. 

Respected Contributor

This is an example of why I am a strong advocate of very strong criminal punishments for even first time DUI arrests.    People who drink and drive need to take it very seriously, knowing that even a first offense will put them in prsion, and suspend their driver's license.

Too many innocent people being killed by drunken drivers.   It is so tragic that that innocent, young, 16 yr old girl had to lose her life, and her family affected for the rest of their lives, because a previous DUI offender was still on the road, and still using a car as a murder weapon.

If Kylie had been sent to prison for at least a year after the first offense, with even longer prison time waiting for her after  a 2nd offense, maybe she would've at least had someone else do the driving if she just had to keep drinking.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

Maria's father was a volunteer firefighter and EMT and responded to the scene, not knowing it was his own daughter involved in the wreck and that she was deceased.

How horrific and heartbreaking that must have been.

I almost lost my daughter at 6 months old and I just can't imagine the pain if she hadn't survived, compared to the pain of not knowing if she would survive, which was excruciating..

My sympathies lie strictly with the real victim in this accident, Maria.

At the very least, Kylie clipped another car's rear, veered into the other lane and hit Maria head on, causing both of their deaths.

Regardless of any other factors, that much we know Kylie's guilty of.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The last news story I read that came across my phone was that this singer had a history of DWI's. As the daughter of an alcoholic and having a family member killed by a drunk driver who had more than 45 DUI's and was STILL driving.....

yeah, it REALLY pisses me off. Should they find her to have been drunk and driving, I hope the family of the DEAD CHILD goes after after penny this chick has to her name AND  anyone who assisted/allowed her to drive knowing she'd been drinking.

My heart aches for the father who had to discover it was his young daughter who was killed by this woman when he responded to the scene.

Honored Contributor

Yes...drunk driving is never acceptable.

Don’t know if the deceased girl’s family will file a lawsuit 

for Kylie’s estate, if she has anything.

They have every right to do so.