Honored Contributor

RIP John Denver Died 22 Yrs Ago Today

On this date in 1997. I love his music and was so shocked hearing news of his death. Do you have a favorite Denver song? He was a great songwriter as well as a singer, with many other artists doing covers of his songs such as Peter, Paul and Mary's hit of Leavin' On a Jet Plane. May this talented man, gone too soon, rest in peace.
Trusted Contributor

Re: RIP John Denver Died 22 Yrs Ago Today

Rocky Mountain High!

Esteemed Contributor

Annie's Song

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I watched a live interview he gave, just before the accident. I felt so terrible. It was his daughters birthday

Respected Contributor

Met him twice.  His death on the heals of Diana’s was a blow.  My favorite is Poems, Prayers and Promises.  You tube it.  Beautiful lyrics and the music and his voice.  ❤️

Respected Contributor

"If I had a day that I could give you, I'd give to you the day just like today . . .

If I had a song that I could sing for you, I'd sing a song to make you feel this way."

"Sunshine on My Shoulders"  John Denver, rest in peace

Honored Contributor

So many of his songs have been favorites.  One that hasn't been mentioned yet, "Calypso".

Honored Contributor

My eyes get moist when I think of John Denver's music and the lovely time in my life with which I associate it.

May he rest in eternal peace.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie, I don't need to YouTube it, I know the song well.
So many great songs mentioned here. It is almost impossible to pick my fave. I'd have to say Country Roads followed closely by the toe-tapper Thank God I'm A Country Boy.

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I saw him in concert in Virginia (hubby was in the Navy & stationed in Newport News).  John was amazing!