Respected Contributor

Re: RIP John Denver Died 22 Yrs Ago Today

@Hetty @i just sang thru the lyrics.  So beautiful.  His concerts were the best.  The first to use giant screens to project media.  I looked thru my albums, 10 or so of his.  In the double An Evening With John Denver i found newsclippings of a concert i attended and another reporting his death.  He wasn't with us near long enough and yet maybe it was--because he left indelible marks on so many. 💓

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie  -- my post wasn't literal. Cassette tape. Denver, Timberline and Alabama were our 'go to' music to and from ski trips. Great memories. Felt like family, in a way. Sorry to be misleading.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Contributor

I too was absolutely devastated when I heard that he had died.  I remember so clearly exactly where I was that day.

I remember being 12 years old with the biggest crush on him and dragging my parents to his concerts at Providence Civic Center . . . everytime he was there for a show!!!

I love all of his work but his Christmas album - John Denver - Rocky Mountain Christmas and the Aspenglow song is my all time favorite.  I started listening to it this past weekend (only when I'm alone in the house of course so no one thinks I've lost my mind!!!).

See the source image