Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@stuyvesant

Somewhat unrelated, but, as I recall, Bob Guccione had a fabulous voice. 

Gotta go check him out and see if there are any recordings.

Another interesting guy in this line of work was Larry Flynt.

we have a HUSTLER club in baltimore......on baltimore street (those of you who are familiar with the area will know about baltimore street.)

Wow ... I didn't think Larry Flynt was still active.  Is it his club or just a generic Hustler?

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

My aunt was a "stewardess" on Hef's private plane.  She still works for Corporate in Chicago. 

He was a visionary.

@Bri36

I bet she has amazing stories.  So cool!

I’m sure today she has a heavy heart.

@sidsmom, she always spoke very highly of Hef.  She introduced me to Christie once - very smart and nice.

Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@stuyvesant

Somewhat unrelated, but, as I recall, Bob Guccione had a fabulous voice. 

Gotta go check him out and see if there are any recordings.

Another interesting guy in this line of work was Larry Flynt.

we have a HUSTLER club in baltimore......on baltimore street (those of you who are familiar with the area will know about baltimore street.)

Wow ... I didn't think Larry Flynt was still active.  Is it his club or just a generic Hustler?

@stuyvesanti dont know how active he is, but it does have his name.  

Larry Flynt’s Hustler Club

The Hustler Strip Club is located on the world famous “Baltimore Block” in the historic Gayety theatre building.  The Gayety was transformed into Larry Flynt’s Hustler Club Baltimore Strip Club in 2003 featuring 2 floors full of Hustler Honeys. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@stuyvesanti dont know how active he is, but it does have his name.  

Larry Flynt’s Hustler Club

The Hustler Strip Club is located on the world famous “Baltimore Block” in the historic Gayety theatre building.  The Gayety was transformed into Larry Flynt’s Hustler Club Baltimore Strip Club in 2003 featuring 2 floors full of Hustler Honeys. 

We have one in Cleveland.   

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624-

You are right. I think I used the wrong word.

I was thinking more of famous or a name that pretty much everyone had heard in our generation.

But yes, I didn't really admire him.

And I didn't respect how he lived his life. 

But I guess he sure lived it how he wanted.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Not a good  influence at all,all about  one thing only.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

RIP

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

RIP Hef

His nickname even as a child was "Hef".    He was away in the Army and engaged to his first wife. While he was gone she had an affair and confessed right before their wedding.  He said he was "devastated" by her admission. She felt so guilty about her indiscretion,  she allowed him to see and sleep with other women during their marriage.They were married about 10 years

HH did a lot to encourage the sexual revolution (the Pill helped) and people in the 60s and 70s were more open and willing to dabble in Alternate Lifestyles, no longer chained by marriage to enjoy sex. The magazine did impose an arbitrary, manipulated standard of physical perfection. But you can't blame Hef entirely. Men's magazines were around for years before Playboy, and there was always a market for images of shapely unclothed females.

I thought it was sweet when HH attended his HS reunion.   He graduated HS in 1944.  It was maybe the 60th or 65th class reunion. He was warmly welcomed by his classmates.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Whew-- complex discussion.  Because of my particular world view, I believe that sexuality was created for marriage.  I think an intelligence greater than our own, knew that something as potent as sex was best served by the safeguards of marriage.

I do feel very sorry for Mr. Hefner, regret for the type of life he lived and encouraged several generations of people to live.

Perhaps, at the end, he regretted it in his heart.  I'm going to hope for that.

@Oznell

If that's what your religion taught, and you choose to hold that opinion, you are certainly entitled to it.  However, you must realize that that view is not shared by most people.   It's certainly great to be idealistic, but it's important to be practical, as well. JMO 

Honored Contributor

I saw Larry Flynt on Million Dollar Listing LA about a week ago. He was in a wheelchair.