The safety pin dress

Chris finishing early and taking a nap 😀 

His laughter 

Any others? 

@tucsongal 

"ANDRE!"

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP: Chris March-Project Runway, 56

Chris on Andy Cohen's 'Watch What Happens Live' Halloween Party, Chris dressed as Lisa Vanderpump and dressed Andy as 'Giggy'....hilarious!

Good times: Upon hearing the news, TV host Andy Cohen shared a picture of himself with March to Instagram to commemorate the late talent

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

even though i don't know the show, this is sad.

something is going on because i read about this quite frequently, famous or not.
we have menopause in our 50's,
i don't know what it is about men in their 50's, but it's serious.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

Some Project Runway memories:

The safety pin dress

Chris finishing early and taking a nap 😀 

His laughter 

Any others? 

@tucsongal 

"ANDRE!"

When Santino dreamed up the scenario of Tim Gunn taking "AN-Dray" to the Red Lobster, and didn't realize Tim was standing in the doorway listening.  Smiley Very Happy Those early seasons were the best.

That is too bad about Chris March, sorry to hear he suffered so.  Also saddened about Mychael - he was one of my favorite designers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@QueenDanceALot He had a devastating fall in, I believe it was 2017.  Apparently nobody found him and he woke up 4 days later and managed to call 911.  He has had major health issues since.  He never regained full mobility and was living in some sort of facility because of it.  The heart attack was what killed him, but my response had to do with people blaming his diet for his obesity and subsequent heart attack. I have no idea if he was obese at the time of his death.  The picture posted was from years ago.

Also , someone asked how he had a devastating fall at such a young age, hence my comment about falls.

@Icegoddess 

Yes, I read all of this.

Sounds like he's a a really rough go of it since that fall.

I certainly can't say definitively what caused his heart attack, and no one here can either. 

All I know is that obesity is a definite risk factor for heart attack (and there are other risk factors, as well).   Which risk factors caused his?  I don't know.  No one here knows. 

@Icegoddess  He WAS obese at the time of his death as he was throughout his adult life.  There's blame and there's reality.  

I find it deeply troubling Chris was permanently damaged then dead by his own actions -- but he spoke of being suicidal while soliciting money when his lifestyle was suicidal even when he was at his happiest.

Same with sweet Mychael Knight dying of AIDS.  He was young enough to know better than to have unprotected sex.  So his choices also resulted in his death. That doesn't make it any less sad but he bears responsibility.

Honored Contributor

I loved Chris March's personality and sense of humor and his costumes, and some his designs (not the human hair!)...but when I read it my first thought was this is for the best.  

He had a very bad time of it.  He was never going to get out of the facility where he'd been living since his discharge and he was reduced to having to do a gofundme -- which didn't raise much -- to pay his expenses.

He seemed to have felt jailed and why wouldn't such a creative, fun-loving, party-going, costume-wearing guy have felt that way.

So while I honor him I think it's a mercy.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

@sidsmom 

What would you like to see done to classify it as a crisis?  Should the government dictate what foods we should be allowed to eat?  Is that what you want?

Just having people realize that being overweight, obese,

morbidly obese causes a multitude of health & skeletal issues.

Nope....not suggesting certain foods.

Just recognize there’s an issue too many young people are dying 

WAY too soon. 

I just don’t understand why people refuse to recognize we have

a problem. If you had a solution, wouldn’t you want to implement it 

to keep people alive?

@sidsmomI still don't understand what you want done.  I have to think most people realize being overweight, obese, and morbidly obese causes a myriad of health issues.  

Yes people recognize all of this.  How is recognizing a solution?  You haven't suggested an acual viable solution.  

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

When someone passes, for myself, there is nothing more rude and obnoxious than turn a eulogy into a public service announcement. Promoting propaganda on eating habits to fit one’s agenda especially when someone just died? Then with the implication they somehow brought it on themselves? Simply appalling...and in very poor taste.

@Trinity11I seem to recall the same thing happened fairly recently with another death but the thread was started in wellness and ended up getting either closed or totally deleted.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

When someone passes, for myself, there is nothing more rude and obnoxious than turn a eulogy into a public service announcement. Promoting propaganda on eating habits to fit one’s agenda especially when someone just died? Then with the implication they somehow brought it on themselves? Simply appalling...and in very poor taste.

@Trinity11I seem to recall the same thing happened fairly recently with another death but the thread was started in wellness and ended up getting either closed or totally deleted.  

@Lipstickdiva , it is a frequent occurrence and many posters are noticing. It amazes me that it is permitted by the mods..

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva , it is a frequent occurrence and many posters are noticing. It amazes me that it is permitted by the mods..

Unless it's about another poster, I don't believe in censoring or deleting any comments. They might not be to my liking or what I consider in good taste, but, public figures are fair game and people have their opinions. 

These people (public figures) are not reading this forum.