Respected Contributor

So....been putting off food shopping for 2-3 days.  Can't put it off any longer.  I've had a grocery list going but the only things on it are diet soda and chocolae milk. 

Honored Contributor

Use the list you made the last time you went grocery shopping.

Honored Contributor

If there's nothing you need, delay shopping a few more days.  You might save money - fewer impulse purchases etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to think of it as a puzzle, and I find the pieces that fit.  And yes, like @chrystaltree said, I often re-buy.  I use my store's web site and their app, and they show my frequently purchased items.  My list gets created with a click.

In and out in a flash!  I keep a solid list of staples on hand always, try to keep menus simple, and combine creatively.  Eating well and economically is an accomplishment to me!

Have you tried home delivery?  I know people that really like it,  If I didn't like shopping I would use it, or if I could not for some reason.

Happy shopping!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I have regular commitmenets on Wednesdays and Saturdays and I walk right passed the supermarket on the way home.

There's a deli around the corner if I run out of something essential in between those days.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I like to think of it as a puzzle, and I find the pieces that fit.  And yes, like @chrystaltree said, I often re-buy.  I use my store's web site and their app, and they show my frequently purchased items.  My list gets created with a click.

In and out in a flash!  I keep a solid list of staples on hand always, try to keep menus simple, and combine creatively.  Eating well and economically is an accomplishment to me!

Have you tried home delivery?  I know people that really like it,  If I didn't like shopping I would use it, or if I could not for some reason.

Happy shopping!

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Every time I see that service promoted, I can't get past the idea of someone else picking out my produce.   Besides, I need to read labels.   

Honored Contributor

one of the chores i rarely mind doing.

i go 2 -3 times a week, depending on what i need or want.

LOVE checking out items that are NEW.

i have three regular grocery stores that i go to PLUS sams club.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I ditto what Sunshine 45 said, except my Sam's Club is Costco.  I could go every day.  Sure beats cleaning house.  

Honored Contributor

I love Walmart's grocery pick up service.  I enter my order online then zip up to the store, which is less than a mile away, and pick up my stuff.  They also now have home delivery but I don't find picking them up is a chore.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't waste gas for those two items!

Wait until you need essentials (food or household products).  The more the better.

Drink water if you're thirsty!