Esteemed Contributor
I usually use my laptop to access these forums. I very rarely use my phone, but I have been using it today. Can someone please let me know how to use the reply and quote feature? The only option I see is to add a comment, with no way to reply to a specific poster

I’m probably missing something obvious, but I’ve already spent too much time on this! I have no trouble at all replying and quoting on my laptop. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Quoting replies on iPhone

@NYC Susan wrote:
I usually use my laptop to access these forums. I very rarely use my phone, but I have been using it today. Can someone please let me know how to use the reply and quote feature? The only option I see is to add a comment, with no way to reply to a specific poster

I’m probably missing something obvious, but I’ve already spent too much time on this! I have no trouble at all replying and quoting on my laptop. Thanks!

It’s the same way as your laptop. 

Hit the Quite at the top right of the reply box.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

It’s the same way as your laptop. 

Hit the Quite at the top right of the reply box.  

There is no "Quote".  The only option is "Add comment", and then it goes in as a brand new comment, not replying to anyone in particular.

I assumed it would be the same or at least similar to when I do it on my laptop (which I am using now).  But it's not.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan 

What you describe is the limited mobile view.

On my Samsung I have to check my settings for mobile site or desktop site.

Then I have to scroll to the bottom of the page of threads to toggle between full view and mobile view.

I like desktop site coordinated with full view. But I do have trouble with it resetting itself to mobile.

I suspect their IT team never thought to accomodate people on mobile devices who want all the PC options, so it balks and reverts back to mobile.

Tip: if you start to compose a post and need to check a different screen or website, copy your incomplete post before you leave it.

Do Not Rely on Autosave.

...And you may come back and find it on mobile again. Also, make a copy before attempting to post, as that's another transition spot for it to revert to mobile.

If you check preview, and find your post in HTML code, go back and make a copy in Rich Text, then reload the page and put your copy in the new message box.

That usually does it.

I do mess with this all day.

Esteemed Contributor

p.s.   @NYC Susan 

desktop site coupled with full view gives me the quote, and all the other editing options you're used to.

This is the only way I can see all seven icons (from Menu to My Account) strung across the top of the page.

Other combinations give me only 5 or 3 of the icon choices.

I use mine in the portrait position.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@NYC Susan 

What you describe is the limited mobile view.

On my Samsung I have to check my settings for mobile site or desktop site.

Then I have to scroll to the bottom of the page of threads to toggle between full view and mobile view.

I like desktop site coordinated with full view. But I do have trouble with it resetting itself to mobile.

I suspect their IT team never thought to accomodate people on mobile devices who want all the PC options, so it balks and reverts back to mobile.

Tip: if you start to compose a post and need to check a different screen or website, copy your incomplete post before you leave it.

Do Not Rely on Autosave.

...And you may come back and find it on mobile again. Also, make a copy before attempting to post, as that's another transition spot for it to revert to mobile.

If you check preview, and find your post in HTML code, go back and make a copy in Rich Text, then reload the page and put your copy in the new message box.

That usually does it.

I do mess with this all day.

Thank you.  I spent a lot of time earlier trying to find a way to switch to "desktop".  I sometimes do that on my phone when I'm checking in with one of my banks, and it's pretty easy. I just scroll all the way down, and select it.   I don't see a way to do that here.

I'm almost positive I've sent replies from my phone before.  Not a big deal, I guess.  I do use my laptop most of the time.  But it would be nice if I could easily do it from my phone too.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan 

The "desktop site" is a selection i make in the browser. (Just the stock browsers that came installed in tablet and phone.)

But the "full view" is a selection on the QVC website.

If you coordinate these two you'll (hopefully) see the same screens you see on a bigger device.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@NYC Susan 

The "desktop site" is a selection i make in the browser. (Just the stock browsers that came installed in tablet and phone.)

If you coordinate these two you'll (hopefully) see the same screens you see on a bigger device.

I don't see an option for "full view" anywhere.  I've looked up and down and all around!  

I do appreciate your help, but I'll probably just stick to using my laptop for these forums.  It's much easier.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@NYC Susan 

I don't see an option for "full view" anywhere.  I've looked up and down and all around!  

I do appreciate your help, but I'll probably just stick to using my laptop for these forums.  It's much easier.  Smiley Happy

@NYC Susan 

On your iPhone, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Well, almost all the way. On the right hand side (or the left - seriously, it shows up on both) you’ll see where it says  Version: Mobile/Full. Click on full. 

Mobile sites are pretty much worthless, IMO. The WVC site will, as mentioned, go back to the mobile version at random. Absolutely the worst site ever! 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@NYC Susan 

@NYC Susan 

On your iPhone, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Well, almost all the way. On the right hand side (or the left - seriously, it shows up on both) you’ll see where it says  Version: Mobile/Full. Click on full. 

Mobile sites are pretty much worthless, IMO. The WVC site will, as mentioned, go back to the mobile version at random. Absolutely the worst site ever! 

Thanks.  I feel like I must be crazy.  I'm not seeing it.  

Overall, it doesn't seem worth the trouble.  The last thing I need is additional aggravation in my life!