Honored Contributor

Re: Quoting replies on iPhone

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan,  I've been sick all day and this might be as clear as mud but I saw your post and wanted to try and help.   With desktop mode, the Community should appear and function identically on both the iPhone and iPad.

1 -- If your iPhone has an older version before iOS 13.x, it's possible that the "Version:  Mobile | Full" only appears if you tap "View Full Footer" (or something similar to that wording).   

Also, in some cases the options are different with portrait mode vs. landscape mode.

And, you can touch and hold ("long press") the reload/refresh icon in the right part of the URL/address bar to get a menu and tap "Request Desktop Site."

2 -- If you have updated to iOS 13.x,  you'll find that the website still looks the same but Safari's options to access desktop mode were significantly revamped with what I think are better options.

They now offer 3 ways to enable it for any website (not just the Q), and we even have the option to permanently set it to desktop for all sites.

There are online articles explaining and illustrating, and they're far better than my words or images would be.    My brain is in a bit of a fog (more than usual!) so I won't try to go into detail. 

Here's one (please copy and paste the link or the article title since this isn't a hyperlink):

"3 Best Ways to Enable Desktop Mode in Safari on iOS 13" (on GuidingTech.com)

guidingtech.com/enable-desktop-mode-safari-ios-13/

I hope this might provide at least some help to someone out there...  fingers crossed that you'll find the solution for your phone, @NYC Susan.   Have a peaceful evening, everyone.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I have updated to 13.1.2 and the process looks the same to me.  Hit reply on the post you wish to quote then when the blank box comes up hit Quote.  Safari looks the same too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry I had it on Full Version. Looks just like my IPad. 

Respected Contributor

I think the reason the mobile version doesn't have a Quote button is because all the replies to a particular post are under that post.  I think.  

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NYC Susan,  I've been sick all day and this might be as clear as mud but I saw your post and wanted to try and help.   With the desktop mode, both the iPhone and iPad should appear and function identically.

1 -- If your iPhone has an older version before iOS 13.x, it's possible that the "Version:  Mobile | Full" only appears if you tap "View Full Footer" (or something similar to that wording).   

Also, in some cases the options are different with portrait mode vs. landscape mode.

And, you can touch and hold ("long press") the reload/refresh icon in the right part of the URL/address bar to get a menu and tap "Request Desktop Site."

2 -- If you have updated to iOS 13.x,  you'll find that the website still looks the same but the options to access desktop mode were significantly revamped with what I think are better options.

They now offer 3 ways to enable it, and we even have the option to permanently set it to desktop for all sites.

There are online articles explaining and illustrating, and they're far better than my words or images would be.    My brain is in a bit of a fog (more than usual!) so I won't try to go into detail. 

Here's one (please copy and paste the link or the article title since this isn't a hyperlink):

"3 Best Ways to Enable Desktop Mode in Safari on iOS 13" (on GuidingTech.com)

guidingtech.com/enable-desktop-mode-safari-ios-13/

I hope this might provide at least some help to someone out there...  fingers crossed that you'll find the solution for your phone, @NYC Susan.   Have a peaceful evening, everyone.🌻

Thanks.  I was able to get into it, but only on Safari.  I never use Safari - I always use Chrome.  And that's what I've been trying with all day!

Thank you for your help.  I do hope you're feeling better.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan,  You're welcome.😊  I was hoping I had a good solution.   I don't use Chrome mobile, but I found this.   You've probably seen it but just in case...

"Request Desktop Version of Website On iPhone in Chrome

The feature to request desktop site has been around for a long time in the Chrome browser for iPhone.

1. Open up the Chrome browser on your iPhone or iPad

2. Visit the website that you want to request the desktop version for.

3. After the website opens in your browser, tap on the 3 dot Chrome icon located at the top right corner of your screen.

Request Desktop Site Option On iPhone Chrome Browser

4. From the drop-down menu, tap on Request Desktop Site (See image above)."  

(techbout.com/request-desktop-version-website-iphone-ipad-17699/)  

Thanks for the good wishes!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NYC Susan,  You're welcome.😊  I was hoping I had a good solution.   I don't use Chrome mobile, but I found this.   You've probably seen it but just in case...

"Request Desktop Version of Website On iPhone in Chrome

The feature to request desktop site has been around for a long time in the Chrome browser for iPhone.

1. Open up the Chrome browser on your iPhone or iPad

2. Visit the website that you want to request the desktop version for.

3. After the website opens in your browser, tap on the 3 dot Chrome icon located at the top right corner of your screen.

Request Desktop Site Option On iPhone Chrome Browser

4. From the drop-down menu, tap on Request Desktop Site (See image above)."  

(techbout.com/request-desktop-version-website-iphone-ipad-17699/)  

Thanks for the good wishes!

No, I hadn't seen that.  Three dots are on the bottom right, not top (and no Chrome icon), but it worked!

Thank you so much!!  I am very grateful.  Have a good night, and get some rest!  Smiley Happy