Honored Contributor

I was flipping through a magazine this AM. , and I saw a tote bag that had the quote ". Joy is an Act of Resistance."  The bottom is covered so I can't give credit to the author, but when I read it it seemed perfect for today.  JMO, but I think we don't have to lose our joy as long as we're alive , I've always believed we decide to be happy and this quote really resonated with me. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Another quote I just found this morning, which I think is priceless...

"It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness."

Charles Spurgeon

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 If a bully can't steal your joy, their effort was a failure.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

Re: Quote I like

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I was flipping through a magazine this AM. , and I saw a tote bag that had the quote ". Joy is an Act of Resistance."  The bottom is covered so I can't give credit to the author, but when I read it it seemed perfect for today.  JMO, but I think we don't have to lose our joy as long as we're alive , I've always believed we decide to be happy and this quote really resonated with me. 

@QVCkitty1  The quote is from the poem The Telly Cycle byToi Dericotte.  It's about her love for Telly the Fish.

Valued Contributor

"Like anyone in love, she constantly found reasons to mention his name."

~ Anne Tyler

Breathing Lessons

Honored Contributor

@zanna wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1  The quote is from the poem The Telly Cycle byToi Dericotte.  It's about her love for Telly the Fish.

@zanna , Thank you. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

fullsizeoutput_95a.jpeg