Valued Contributor

Re: Quick update (no bad vibes, pls.)

Good to hear from you Feline, and thanks for the update.  You have a wonderful attitude that serves you well.  Take good care and all the best!

Trusted Contributor

Wonderful news for someone special who can really use a break.  And No. 4 is the best part!  Fingers crossed that Aug. 1 comes and goes with a successful move and no more SSDI glitches.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy I'm sending prayers with blessings of good health and happinessHeart

Honored Contributor

@spix wrote:

@feline groovy, I don't know the story but your post spoke to my heart, I wish you all the best in this new endeavor & hope everything works out for you.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Same here, not really familiar with what the challenges have been, but can sense that you are making some progress in getting where it sounds like you need to be. It also sounds like you are making plans for the future (possible new furry friend someday) and I'm going to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that any obstacles and challenges that present themselves will be overcome.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Feline:

It sounds like you have had a rough patch and things are looking better for you. I do not know what city and state you live in but several years ago I moved my aunt and uncle into my home who are both disabled. I was eventually able to get them into a place that is based on their income and not HUD. The facility has a full time social worker and helps them keep up with paperwork needed to keep their eligibility for certain programs. It is based on their income what they pay. It's a wonderful place and they have activities, they provide transportation to the grocery store and to pick up medicine. It took a few months to secure housing there but it was worth the wait. This facility is operated by the baptist church and it has need the best place. Do they have places like this where you live? Everything they do for the residents is low cost...they have a barber and hairdresser that comes twice a week...it cost $5.00...they have a manicurist that comes and its $3.00...they have a small shop so that if they need to buy staples they can without having to wait for the weekly transport to Walmart. I do think they allow small pets. I hope there is a place like this in your area. I am praying for you to be safe and in a better place soon. Keep us posted on your progress!
Valued Contributor

I'm so glad to see you posting @feline groovy !  I have been thinking about you and worrying about you!  You have a lot of positivity.  I'm sure you will come through this stronger and wiser.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad to hear things are coming along, stay strong and I pray for continued blessings

Esteemed Contributor

Heart@feline groovey

Trusted Contributor

Good luck in your new home.