Respected Contributor

Re: Quick update (no bad vibes, pls.)

I don't know your story, but I wish you the best of luck.  I'd be happy to give you a cat.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Best wishes on the new pad.

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy, i am so happy to read this update!  thanks for posting this info.  i only caught the last part of your other thread, when you were in such a pickle, .... and i don't know anyting other than what i read about you in that thread, but i sure do admire your strength, and i am just thrilled to read that you have found an answer to your dilema.   sending along lots of thoughts and prayers your way ... and i wish you only the best. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you've been through the mill.

Glad things are improving for you.

We just don't know how much we have until we lose it.

We were homeless before.....long story.....we ended up moving to an old house full of garbage....we had to clean up somebody else's mess before we could even move in.....and this was when my kids were in grade school....

Plumbing didn't work most of the time.

We had to go to the bathroom in a bucket.

Lots of mice.

Thank the Lord our situation has dramatically improved. If you are alone I know it makes it 100 X more difficult.

XO

Honored Contributor

I am so glad your life is improving. Even though you can pay the rent with your SSDI, they still want you to have more income. (makes if hard for many people to rent, unless one has a  co-signer.... so they end up in cheap motels/homeless)  Did you get any of your house items or does your former landlord still have them? i do understand your housing situation. 

Respected Contributor

Your backstory is unknown to me,but it sounds like you have been through some stuff.  I wish you all the best and hope you will get that kitty soon.  😃

Esteemed Contributor

At least you won't have to pay movers, since you have nothing to move.

Good luck in your new digs.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Hi @feline groovy

I'm so glad to read you've found a place.  I hope everything works out well for you, best wishes!

Esteemed Contributor

It's so very nice to "see you" and know of the updates! A new place and a new beginning...Heart

I wish you well on the health issues.

I don't know where you live but many states can help you with getting furniture and necessities.  If I were close to you, i would pull up with a tractor trailer!!

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

Congratulations, feline groovy!  You can find some gems among the merchandise at Goodwill and Salvation Army stores.  If there's one near where you live, you might cruise it every now and then.  Years ago, a former college housemate invited me to Thanksgiving dinner in her new apartment.  She didn't have a table, so I picked up a very nice solid-wood Queen Anne-style table for $25.  It needed to be refinished or painted, but it was a nicer table than you could get in the stores for a much higher price.  Years later, I found a wrought iron dining table with a real marble top and four chairs for just $70 at one of those stores.  It needed some work, including new upholstery, but it would have been beautiful after that.  I've always regretted not picking it up.  Over time, you could put together quite a lovely household for very little money.

I don't know whether that advice is helpful, but I hope it is.