Respected Contributor

I read the tea shop series books by Laura Childs.  In the last book they mentioned a Cream Earl Grey tea.  Does anyone drink it? 

The online definition I found is 'Earl Grey Crème is a classic black tea blend infused with bergamot citrus, fragrant lavender and notes of creamy vanilla inspired by the much-adored 'London fog'(a hot tea beverage that's made with half Earl Grey Tea, half steamed milk, and vanilla syrup).

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  Celestial Seasoning Herbal teas have been a staple in my kitchen for years.  My current favorite that I have been drinking for several years is Mandarin Orange Spice.

In the past I bought Tension Tamer, Sleepytime,Red Zinger,

Mint Magic and Cinnamon Apple Spice. In recent years, I have noticed that some of varieties have disappeared from their website and new ones have appeared.

All the varieties I have tried have been very good.

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

I read the tea shop series books by Laura Childs.  In the last book they mentioned a Cream Earl Grey tea.  Does anyone drink it? 

The online definition I found is 'Earl Grey Crème is a classic black tea blend infused with bergamot citrus, fragrant lavender and notes of creamy vanilla inspired by the much-adored 'London fog'(a hot tea beverage that's made with half Earl Grey Tea, half steamed milk, and vanilla syrup).

@cindyNC 

I order several teas from Harney & Sons in New York and the New Mexico Tea Company.

I like variations on Earl Grey and NM Tea Company sells a Cream Earl Grey.

Here's their description:

An exquisite Earl Grey character mellowed with soft hints of cream. If you are fan of Earl Grey and have not tried tried this, you are in for a treat. Cream Earl Grey has a taste that is smooth with vanilla overtones, which stand out above the premium bergamot flavor - the signature taste of Earl Grey.

Blend of black teas, cornflower petals, bergamot, natural flavors.

Make a "London Fog" without a milk steamer:
1) Use 1.5 teaspoons of Cream Earl Grey and steep for 5 minutes.
2) While the tea is steeping take heavy cream, add in some vanilla extract, sugar, and a touch of boiling water. Shake the cream vigorously (to simulate the steaming process)
3). When the tea is ready, pour the cream mixture in. You even get a nice layer of froth on top!

Strangely, I didn't care for this one as much as I thought I would.  I do like Harney & Sons Victorian London Fog (black tea, oolong tea, bergamot oil, lavender, vanilla flavor).

Their Paris (black tea, oolong tea, black currant flavor, vanilla flavor, bergamot oil, caramel flavor) is also good.

NM Tea Company offers a tea that's similar to Victorian London Fog called Vintage Earl Grey.  Black tea, rose petals, lavender, rosemary, bergamot and rose oil.  Fragrant!

Label Art

And in a pretty package.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Bigelow 'Cozy Chamomile'.

I'm a tea lover and it's the best-tasting chamomile I've ever tried.

Valued Contributor

@amyb  I am not a good sleeper and some of the cause is some medications I take.  My doctor prescribed sleeping meds but I could not stand the way I would feel in the mornings which actually it would take hours before I felt like I could function.  I decided to stop taking them and I tried the sleepytime tea and it actually has really helped me.  It was not a quick fix, but i started sipping a cup and sometimes two about 1 hour before I wanted to go to bed and in time it acutually works for me.  Maybe youn can try this and I hope it will work for you.  

Respected Contributor

@just bee  The New Mexico Tea site is overwhelming!  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm going to purchase some Cream Earl Grey.....probably decaf and maybe try a few others.

Honored Contributor

Thank you again, I'm armed with names of now.  

Respected Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@amyb  I am not a good sleeper and some of the cause is some medications I take.  My doctor prescribed sleeping meds but I could not stand the way I would feel in the mornings which actually it would take hours before I felt like I could function.  I decided to stop taking them and I tried the sleepytime tea and it actually has really helped me.  It was not a quick fix, but i started sipping a cup and sometimes two about 1 hour before I wanted to go to bed and in time it acutually works for me.  Maybe youn can try this and I hope it will work for you.  

@happilyretiredgirl Thanks for the suggestion; I think I will try that! I take a melatonin Gummy "Olly" brand, almost every night. I wonder if my body has just gotten used to them...some nights they work, others, not so much. I only ever take one per night, the dosage says two, but meds effect me easily and I often don't take as much as prescribed. 

My doc wasn't concerned because she asked if I fall right back to sleep when I wake up, and I do, for the most part. I just wake several times a night and I have NO clue why! So just depends, but I just wake up in the morning some days fully rested others not as much. I've always, since I was a baby, (my mom always told me "you were never a napper!" I'm still not!) not been a great "sleeper."

I'm sure I should reduce caffeine (generally have 3 cups a day, two in the morning, one sometimes later.) My doc says don't have any after noon. I don't do this everyday, but when I want tea later in the day my "cut-off" has been 3 o'clock. Noon is probably better. But, ask the Brits...a little too early for "tea-time!" lol.

Anyway...all that said...I'm sure I can try to improve on things.

I will buy and try that Sleepy time tea.

I'm not a fan of chamomile taste, but I can drink it..and the few times I've had a cup of that before bed, I think that also helped.

Honored Contributor

I like a cup of tea once in a while but it has to be decaf--my fave are lady grey or earl grey--love the begamont or the irish/english breaskfast teas--I love herbal fruit teas too--I use them to flavor a normal black tea when I make ice tea.

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

@just bee  The New Mexico Tea site is overwhelming!  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm going to purchase some Cream Earl Grey.....probably decaf and maybe try a few others.

@cindyNC 

Careful!  I started buying a lot of tea when I first visited Harney & Sons and I ended up with several that I just didn't like.

Go slow...Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~