Honored Contributor

What's your favorite tea for relaxing?  Do you use Celestial teas?  It just sounds good and I'm out.  Need to put it on my grocery list.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I'm a tea drinker after my morning coffee.  I buy Twinings Tea bags but not the fruit teas.  I like a Black tea, Green tea, Earl Gray.  I don't drink tea to relax, I drink tea because I enjoy it.  I also made Chai a lot last winter.  I love that.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree Thanks, I'll write those down and see if our store carries them.  I did find some black tea, and I'm enjoying that now.  

Respected Contributor

I think most herbal tea that you enjoy the flavor of, is good for relaxing. If I want regular teas, I go for decaffeinated, like decaf Earl Grey with lemon. Just a store brand, but good.

A favorite of mine for the evening is: Bigelow's Chamomile Vanilla and Honey. I stock up on this one. 

I've had Celestial teas often, too. You'll just have to do a few trials. I didn't have a bad one. They're mild. I have to double up on bags for the best flavor.

They have one called Tummy Tea. A must for any pantry. It's a minty flavored tea that really does make your tummy happy if you've overindulged, or just feeling under the weather. It's soothing.

Just pick something that speaks to you.  Have fun with it.

Valued Contributor

I also like Bigelow teas.  They seem to have more flavor than others I've tried.

Honored Contributor

I really only drink tea as my morning beverage the way others drink coffee, and I sip on it throughout the morning.  I don't drink herbals.  I rotate between English Breakfast, English Teatime, Darjeeling, and one I get from Target called Breakfast Blend.  Earl Grey is a bit strong for me.  I used to also get one called English Afternoon that I liked, but neither Kroger nor Publix seems to carry that one anymore.  I have to go to Kroger to get the Darjeeling.  Not loyal to a brand.

Honored Contributor

I like Celestial but I am partial to Tazo. They have lots of unique flavors that I like hot and occasionally cold too. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick tea question

[ Edited ]

Regular black tea with milk...the English way.

Occasionally I put just a dab (1/8 of a tsp) of honey, just to put the slightest sweet to it...take the edge off. 

My favorite type black tea is Assam, though hard to find...but I do get a certain brand at Fresh Market. It's a bold, rich, smooth black tea.

I also buy PG Tips. Also, as other traditional black tea drinkers mentioned here...English Bkfst, Irish Bkst, Scottish Breakfast. All good. I drink tea first thing in the morning. (sometimes follow up with a coffee later.)

Or as an afternoon pick me up or clear my head or whatever ails ya...I find it a soothing ritual.

What I do wish is that decaf tea tasted better. While I can do decaf coffee no problem, tastes just as good to me...decaf tea is tepid, bland, blah. I just want to lighten my caffeine intake, as I'm not a great sleeper and I think this might help. But just can't switch to decaf tea. Not the same.

Honored Contributor

Thanks again, getting a good list here to check on.

Honored Contributor

Bigelow Vanilla Chai.