Respected Contributor

Re: Questions Regarding Banking Privacy

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Yardlie wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Yardlie wrote:

And...as I have discovered from other threads, Caravaggo...you are a very rude person who doesn't know how to express herself without insulting your fellow board members.

And that is your bias pov becauseI did not agree with how you belittled an employee doing his job. You have no argument to defend your insults so this is your comeback.

I had something else written but deleted it because its not worth my time to get into it with you. 

Then feel free to leave this thread. Everyone else in this thread is pleasant. You are crude and a troublemaker as usual...but I'm sure you already know that about yourself.

There are a lot of genuinely nice people on this board who I have a good rapport with. We may not always agree but I respect their pov. That being said..

I came into this thread since my dd is in the banking industry. And since she handles a lot of older clients who need to be walked through on important banking issues.  While I have no clue what they may be nor would I ask. I found your post to be insulting because I know how responsible and respectful she is to all her clients.  Or she would not have been moved into the position she is in at the age of 25. (Your post implied that bankers especially young ones are disrespectful and give out private info while on their own time drinking) So considering all the sweet presents she gets from her clients during the holidays. I am thinking she is doing pretty darn good for herself.  And considering I raised her I do not agree with your assessment of me. Sorry not sorry I wont be a sheep just so I don't get a nasty barb from you.

So I really do not care that you found my post to be in your opinion crude and that  in you think I am a troublemaker. Because I didn't agree with you. You seem to think  attacking me personally will make up for a lack of argument. Because I pointed out there are no Federal laws against someone being trained.  You are many things in my pov but I will not go into it. But I am sure you are a joy to have to deal with in public.

If I want to post here I will. Last time I checked the thread was open to everyone. 

Feel free to post as much as you want in this thread. I have received the answer that I was looking for. What I wasn't looking for was smark aleck responses from troublemakers. Go ahead and keep the thread going.

I'm on to other theads and other things. I won't be back to this thread. I have more to do in my life than look for your uncivil responses.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think we're all in agreement there is no law which says

two employees can't be in the same room with a customer.  

I can't help but think there might be more to the story.

@AngusandBuddhasMom, like your daughter, I was in the banking industry 30 yrs of executive customer service before retiring.   I've heard it all

and I'm sure your daughter has heard it all, as well! 

Never the 'have-the-trainee-leave', tho'....gosh, most elderly customers

LOVE the extra attention!  But I have gotten calls from customers

who didn't like certain employees for, er....say, 'certain' reasons.

I've had complaints about gender, racial, religious, culture reasons. 

In a nutshell, let's just say, a 'different' trainee might have been welcomed.

Again, like I mentioned upthread, this is a customer service issue.

If someone didn't like employees with, say, red hair...that would be

noted on their online profile...and the banking center people would

make sure the customer wouldn't meet w/ anyone w/ red hair. 

All these 'secret' requirements are noted so anyone going forward

can pick up where the last person left off. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I think we're all in agreement there is no law which says

two employees can't be in the same room with a customer.  

I can't help but think there might be more to the story.

@AngusandBuddhasMom, like your daughter, I was in the banking industry 30 yrs of executive customer service before retiring.   I've heard it all

and I'm sure your daughter has heard it all, as well! 

Never the 'have-the-trainee-leave', tho'....gosh, most elderly customers

LOVE the extra attention!  But I have gotten calls from customers

who didn't like certain employees for, er....say, 'certain' reasons.

I've had complaints about gender, racial, religious, culture reasons. 

In a nutshell, let's just say, a 'different' trainee might have been welcomed.

Again, like I mentioned upthread, this is a customer service issue.

If someone didn't like employees with, say, red hair...that would be

noted on their online profile...and the banking center people would

make sure the customer wouldn't meet w/ anyone w/ red hair. 

All these 'secret' requirements are noted so anyone going forward

can pick up where the last person left off. 

@sidsmom well said I agree. 

Regular Contributor

I have been in banking for over 40 years and yes the young man was probably in training. You probably will see him sitting at his own desk shortly.  Just like in any other profession that is how the training happens.  If you felt that uncomfortable I would have asked the banker to have him leave and if they respected their clients he would have.  On the other hand at the bank where I work we have to sign confidentiality agreements and code of ethics paperwork.  You could walk in another day and your banker may have resigned and you would have to talk to someone else anyway. 

It is what it is!!!
Regular Contributor

I totally agree with a lot that has been said on this thread.  I work in banking, on the deposit level. i have been "Joe". If a customer ever said they felt uncomfortable with me in the room, i would leave. i would also like to say, if Joe sat at the bar and discussed your mother's finances then he has no life at all and he would also be fired if the bank ever found out, and in a small town, they would find out. Believe me, we dont sit around the dinner table and discuss our customers finances. and also remember, your personal banker was once a trainee. 

Respected Contributor

The bottom line is it is your money that is in a particular bank. You have the right to say no to a trainee/stranger being in the room when discussing your business.

Yes, banks have hands on training with employees interacting with customers but if you are uncomfortable with doing so you must say no. If the person in charge ignores your feelings then you say no, and say you are leaving, or want to see someone else, and if you leave not satisfied then call the home office of the bank and complain.

The person in charge did not handle the matter in a professional manner. Yes the trainee was there to learn and would have seen how customers feel/interact when discussing money. The person in charge should have told the trainee to leave.

Remember it is your money, and you are in charge. You are doing the bank a service by having your account in a particular bank. Do not allow any situation or transaction in the bank intimate you or have you be uncomfortable.

Valued Contributor

There will be nothing private anymore.