Respected Contributor

Re: Question for those who travel by plane

Understand your anxiety but try to remain positive. Remember that English language probably prevalent in any location where she would find herself.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U without knowing the city pairs of her flight from the EU back to the US, it's difficult to provide more than the most general info. Keep in mind that the aircraft coming to the US on Sunday will probably be flying out sometime on Saturday. If the weather doesn't allow the aircraft to leave the US, or there are operational difficulties such as crew time outs or out of positioning, then yes, your granddaughter may experience some bumps along the way. Cancellations or delays are just something you need to roll with, particularly at this time of the year. 

Currently, there are airline weather waivers in place for flights into/out of BOS, EWR, JFK, PHL, PIT, IND, CVG and ORD. There are others as well, but those are the bulk of the airports with international ops currently affected.  If she's flying in to one of those, she may want to contact the airline to see what kind of re-route might be available, likely departing after Sunday. Because it is weather related, it's unlikely the airline would provide a hotel voucher. 

An airline ticket is a contract. They're obligated to get her where she's going. It may not be on the date, time or flight originally scheduled, but they'll transport her back to the US. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Thank for you the replies. You are all informative and made me feel much better! Her parents have her flight info and all. Her mom is like me ( a worry wort) so I 'didn't want to let on I worry because she's worried too.  Her parents will be in contact with her as she boards each flight and waits in the one airport and they will pick her up when she gets to America. Hopefullly the roads are passable they will leave very early to get her.. (She is also bi lingual in case she would have to be) This is her first big adventure as an adult. Glad shes having fun, but cant wait till shes home! Thank you again.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles