Honored Contributor

Remember that employee award

that I was nominated for against my will a few weeks ago?  

My General Manager just came in wanting my picture.  Apparently it was picture day today for every business I have walked into (see the gym paparazzi thread) and no one told me.

I asked why she needed my picture.  She said because they do a magazine spread of all of the winners.  I guess that was my notice that I won for my area.

The nomination letter went to a place I've never worked at and I guess the congratulations letter they didn't bother with or that also went to the other place.  

I told her I would bring in my Glamour Shot from 20 years ago for her tomorrow.  And some of you thought I was a bad employee.  Sometimes I am but right now they like me.  They really like me.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Remember that employee award

I remember your original post.  I didn't understand that anymore than I understand this one.  If someone nominated me for an award I didn't want; I would have declined and that would have been the end of that.  

Trusted Contributor

LOL @Laura14...congrats on the award girl !!!!!!

You crack me up !  I was laughing out loud reading your workout post. 

Respected Contributor

@Laura14  Just smile real pretty like you always do, and keep that great sense of humor!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Skididdy and @2blonde  Thanks!  I have no idea how they picked me since they don't know where I work or what I do and the few interactions I have had with the brass have not gone well since I call spades what they are and have no problem ruffling feathers on behalf of my people but it's a nice honor for my GM which I am very happy for.   That girl works her butt off too! 

Honored Contributor

Congrats on the award, but be careful you do not want to begin a life running from the paparazzi.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

LOL @beckyb1012.  I'll try and remember the little people around here as I grab for my sunglasses...    

Respected Contributor

@Laura14  This is all wonderful, but where's the cash? (That's what I'd be asking!)

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

At this point @2blonde, I don't even know what the "award" is.  Her coming into my office and asking to take my pic might be it.  I'll be waiting to see if I even get a copy of the magazine.  

Honored Contributor

Is this an award for complaining or slacking off?