Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about air fryers

Thanks everyone,for taking the time to give me advise.

Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I LOVE our airfryer! I have a Power XL.  It is big, but when I am heating up food for a family of 4, I need that size.  I use it to cook frozen tator tots, chicken nuggets, or taquitos. You don't need oil for that at all.  I also use it to heat up fries, sandwiches, fried fish, fried chicken from the restaurants (when you do take out and the food sits in the bag for a while, sometimes they do get a little soggy. Or use it for leftovers from the restaurant). The air fryer makes the fried food tastes amazing. No extra oil needed. I highly recommend it.

I have the same one! The big one, I think it’s 7quart size but I need it as well. Even though my kids are grown people, 2 still live here and my daughter, her hub and grands come to eat often.  We just got it from  Sams last week. I have cooked frozen nuggets in there and they came out great. Nice and crispy and no grease...better than in the oven. Did frozen french fries yesterday and again, crispy and no grease but I dont care for the taste of frozen fries so I think I will try real potatoes next time. Chicken wingettes are our next project. We typically fry up about 50 so Im anxious to try them in the air fryer.

i really like the Power XL...it’s quieter than I thought it would be.

Respected Contributor

@bmorechick Yes, chicken nuggets tastes great!  You should try Ore Ida Mini Frozen Tator Tots next.  They are really good in the air fryer. And you should try Frozen Arby's Curly Fries, they tastes better than regular fries.

Honored Contributor

How many people are you cooking for?  I noticed a strange thing, when my daughter was here for her annual visit (the only person allowed in this house until the pademic is over)  I automatically turned on the oven, thinking the air fryer wasn't big enough for the three of us. For two of us its just fine.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wanted to add that an air fryer can take the place of your oven for lots of things.  I made frozen texas toast in the air fryer and it turned out much better than it ever has in the oven.  Best part is that it takes no time to heat up and cleaning is simple. Plus it can free up your oven for other things.

Respected Contributor

I have 2 air fryers.  Both are Emeril.  A small one and a larger one.  I have both of them going sometimes.  I don't know how I did without these.  The food is delicious, and cooks so much faster than a regular oven.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone have the Pampered Chef Air frye?

Honored Contributor

I bought an Instant Pot brand airfryer--it is square and 6 qt so it is a good size for most stuff. I rarely spray oil on my food and it still crisps up fine. As I mentioned, it is square shaped and not the egg shaped ones. I cook regular foods more than packaged fries or snacks---turkey, chicken, steak, meatballs fish--all do very well altho you need to be a little conservative with the times---I find most the times/temps given in recipes are way to long and hot so I turn things down and cook for less time. there is a learning curve. I haven't tried it for baking yet.