Respected Contributor

What kind of Thanksgiving are you having?

Just two of us so bought small, small turkey breast, yams. Will look for a bag of cranberries. I don't like traditional pumpkin pie but DH does so will buy one for him. No other family or friends.

Respected Contributor

Re: What kind of Thanksgiving are you having?

@traveler I will experience a quiet Thanksgiving.  I will fix some dressing, green beans, mac and cheese and sweet potato casserole.  It will be me, my hubby and Toby Snow(my dog).

Honored Contributor

Not on the radar yet

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Even if we are invited to family get-together, we're not going.   (Said in a nice way.)

But, wishing everyone a Thankful and peaceful day, and every day.

Good health and safety to all.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I always spend Thanksgiving with one of my good girlfriends and her husband. She loves to cook so she goes all out with the turkey and all of the trimmings. My contribution is always the ham, which I cook and bring over. 

She normally has a few people over but this year it will be just me, she has already told me that she will be taking my temperature before I walk in her front door. LOL

Honored Contributor

So far we're going to sister in law's house.  I'm looking forward to it.

Respected Contributor

I'll spend the day on either the beach or the golf course (or both). When I get hungry, I'll fix whatever seafood I've picked up at the fish market. Shrimp, scallops, stone crabs...whatever looks good. I don't like and won't eat the majority of the traditional thanksgiving foods, so I simply choose to turn down any invitations. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

Quiet.  Only son is out of state.  My family is slowing dwindling.  Last year we had cornish hens - not sure what will take place.  Honestly, it's now just another day.  

Funny how you have large gatherings for years and years, plus you're working and figuring out how to go to both families homes and keep everyone happy.  I used to have to work the Friday and sometimes Saturday after Thanksgiving and it was the banking world and it was busy!  My staff had to draw straws to see who would get the day off (everyone wanted that day off so they could travel).   My MIL always was very sweet and had Thanksgiving on Saturday so the married sons could go to their wives families on the actual day.

I don't mind the quiet now - it's actually very relaxing not to have to run all over!

Esteemed Contributor

@traveler  Your guess is as good as mine! Never figured on band and sports interfering with Thanksgiving. Grandkids are growing up.

Respected Contributor

Same as last year, just the two of us. I'll spend part of the day lounging in our backyard enjoying our gorgeous weather.