Respected Contributor

some relatives want to do zoom next week and i dont know anything about it.   Man Frustrated

is a microphone needed?  i have a laptop.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about Zoom

[ Edited ]

No microphone needed

Your laptop came with a built in mike.

I did Zoom on this here Kindle.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

thank you! Woman Very Happy  hope this will go well next week lol.Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

have been using zoom now for a couple of months.....for business and for personal reasons. it is quite easy to use and convenient.

my daughter has been using it to finish up her semester. professors had class lectures and student discussions via zoom.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Zoom is great!  Only way I can see my grandkids right now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

will have to wear some makeup  lol  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I have done this a couple of times and this is what I learned, I went to the Apple app store and found the free app for zoom and loaded it onto my laptop. Whoever is the host will send out a text or email with a link and also giving the time.

All you have to do is click on the link at the given time and it will take you to the group. You have to make sure your audio vol is up to hear them.  

When I downloaded the app they have a little practice session that you can do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear wrote:

will have to wear some makeup  lol  Woman Happy

@FlowerBear 

Yep, thats the thing  Zoom meetings for both work and the non-profit I volunteer for, they REQUIRE everyone use video so they can see our "beautiful faces"...... so yep, gotta put on that makeup, wear comfortable but nice clothes, fix the hair....Woman LOL

Also one tip...make sure you have everyone mute except the speaker....otherwise you will hear TV shows going on in the background,  kids crying, dogs barking....and its distracting....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

1) Your computer will need a camera - some don't.  You can still do it without a camera, your voice will still be heard.  They just won't see you.  If you do have a camera, be prepared for how terrible you'll look.  

2) The organizer will have sent you an email that contains a link.  Click that link at the meeting time, and you will be automatically joined.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

yes decent top, makeup, fix hair, not look like i do right now lmboooo Woman Very Happy