Honored Contributor

Question About “My Life” Website

For the past couple of days I've been receiving emails from this site. I delete them right away. Just now when I logged on I had another one. It said there were " "negative items on my reputation profile." It also said two people are searching for me. It listed my name, address, and relatives. I deleted it.

I've never heard of this, and I think it's spam. But they do have information about me. I'm not on social media, unless you count here!

Can anyone tell me what this could be about?  Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Re: Question About “My Life” Website

@beach-mom wrote:

For the past couple of days I've been receiving emails from this site. I delete them right away. Just now when I logged on I had another one. It said there were " "negative items on my reputation profile." It also said two people are searching for me. It listed my name, address, and relatives. I deleted it.

I've never heard of this, and I think it's spam. But they do have information about me. I'm not on social media, unless you count here!

It's spam mail. They're trying to entice you to sign up for their shady website/service.  I had an older relative who fell for the "we have negative info on you", but there wasn't anything there. Yes, they DO have info that's publicly available and not that hard to find, but IMHO they're a pretty shady outfit. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

there are many sites that pull you personal data from  public sites  like info abt you mailing address and who has lived with you at your address  as relatives. They get your age  and many sites have  if you have motor vehicle record , property records ,.

You have to log onto to abt 20  sites to  Opt Out to get your info atleast temporarily  removed. but it can pop back up any time again. It is so frustrating .... why all this is FOIA info .

Honored Contributor

Thank you @FrostyBabe1 and @skatting44! I'm going to try to get my email provider to count this as spam, but the list is long! At least now I know a little about it.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

They want you to pay money to join, then you can edit things on your account and look up information on other people.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Yepper.  It's legitimate.  The sad thing is this is not illegal.  I just don't care and won't worry about it.  No such thing as private information anymore.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I've been getting this for ages and I hate it!  I hate that any info on me is out there!  I have not joined any sites like facebook, etc., yet this stuff is still out there!  You have no privacy at all any more!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin