Honored Contributor

Re: Queen’s Christmas Speech— Some Photos Noticeably Missing

There is nothing odd about those photos at all. Look closely, there are all future monarchs  and their  families/spouse. It just shows the line of succession....that is the only statement being made

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Noticeabaly absent from the photos on the Queen’s desk during her speech are any pictures of Prince Harry, Meghan and Archie. Interesting statement being made, l would think...

97CA8C84-A140-4F9E-9605-A467D0ACD686.png

@handygal2   No statement is being made other than displaying the lineage of the throne.

King George VI-the Queen's father.

Obviously the Queen doesn't place her own picture.

Charles next in line.

William after Charles.

These pictures are not excluding Harry, Meghan, and Archie.

I am always amazed at just how much some are so sure the Queen and Meghan are on the outs and/or that their marriage will not last.

There was no venom when Kate and William did not spend Christmas with the Royals so why such a fuss about Meghan?  Let me guess.

Did it also never occur to anyone that even if this had been case, perhaps the tiff is between the Queen and Harry?

Why is it always assumed Meghan is on the wrong side of the Royals?

And really-does anybody really care about the Queen's speech or is this just to jumpstart another Meghan gossip fest.

@handygal2   My comments are not all directed to you, btw.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Speech— Some Photos Noticeably Missing

[ Edited ]

I think people like to read into things too much. Aside from her husband, the pictures are of past and future monarchs.

Honored Contributor

And maybe they are on the other side of the desk along with all her other children and grandchildren that are missing.

Honored Contributor

So I'm watching the news, the Queen said they had a bumpy year. I'm sorry a "bumpy" year is when you lose your job, home, can't pay your bills, and have trouble providing the basic necessities for your family.

Honored Contributor

I think Harry married someone like his mother.  Someone who wants to do things her way, shake things up, rebel, be the center of attention, call the shots, etc. etc.  

Honored Contributor

IMO:

The Queen sees the idea of monarchy on shaky ground...

and there's a good chance the heir to the throne could end

with her or Charles.  

With the Brexit deal going on (disclaimer: I don't even pretend to understand it), there's enough discord where they want to 

shake things up...and that could be the first crack in the 

monarchy foundation.

That's why she placed certain pictures around her for her 

Christmas speech...all heirs to the throne to remind everyone. 

The speculation has nothing to do with the Andrew, Harry or Meghan.

The 'bumpy road' of break up of the Monarchy is cause for concern...

which they might never recover.

She sees the writing on the wall.

Now back to Regularly Scheduled Meghan Bashing. 

Honored Contributor

@Havarti 

Depends on so many things.  Just for a change, the queen could have invited Meghan's mother and Kate's family, as well.   With Andrew's PR disaster fresh in everyone's mind, maybe she thought that, this year, less is more.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

The Queen has many grandchildren.  Harry is not that big of a deal in the big picture, as far as the monarchy goes.  

@alicedee 

Actually, he is.  Charles has only two children  (that we know of)  and he seems to be the most important son of the queen.    In any family, not everyone is going to be there every single year.   It's not like the queen is all they have for family.   

Honored Contributor

97CA8C84-A140-4F9E-9605-A467D0ACD686.png

Question ..........  What is that item sitting on the desk, on the lower right corner of the photo?  It looks made of china or porcelain, but it also looks to have a wooden handle.   Anyone have any ideas?